2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajero Evolution V55 Bushes complete replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbytte

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:51    Post subject: Pajero Evolution V55 Bushes complete replacement Reply with quote

I found most of this information on the internet but it was all over. Some of it I had to find out on my own. So I consolidated the information with the idea that it may one day help someone else.

I did this project because.

1. I love the Pajero Evolution, so I am planning to keep it for a while.
2. Being a 20 year old car, some of these parts have just deteriorated over time.
3. It’s a big job, so I don’t want to revisit it anytime soon. So I did everything I possibly could.
4. I was tired of all the small squeaks when driving.

Parts you will need to buy.

4pcs MB633820 Front upper arm bush
6pcs MR112711 Front lower arm bush (will also work for the rear lower arms)
4pcs MR491505 Rear upper arm bush
4pcs MR112710 Rear lower arm bush (will also work for the rear toe arm)
2pcs MR374485 Rear Trailing Arm Bush
3pcs MB864708 Rear Diff/Member Bush
3pcs MB430694 Front diff/member support
2pcs MR150094 Front Stab Bar Bush
2pcs MR353030 Rear Stab Bar Bush

Where to buy them.

1. www.carmarka.com , www.megazip.com , www.amayama.com - They have massive Japanese car parts databases and ship worldwide
2. I got the MB864708 from TME Motorsports https://shop.tmemotorsport.com.au/rear-diff-bushes-some-aftermarket-vr4-magna-awd

This video will help you understand how the Evo underneath looks like and it shows most of the parts we are replacing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVEgllZd8Ug

The Project Pictures

Project workplan

Front

Rear

Front diff/member

Rear diff/member

Pictures of bushes

Matters Arising.

1. Front upper arm bushes are actually supposed to be MB633830 however they are unavailable from factory. Or rather, good luck finding them. You will see pictures of them. It is slightly fatter than the one we used (MB633820), so once you fit them, you will need to put a small spacer or your choice to ensure a snug fit once bolted.
2. Rear upper arm bush needs a slight modification to fit the space on the chassis, perhaps a slight expansion. Very slight. Or trim down the inner sleeve of the boot by 2-3mm. Your choice.
3. We had issues removing some bolts that had seized with the bush sleeving. If you get this issue, please don’t whack the bolts as you may destroy the chassis. We used a gas torch for welding to soften the rubber until we could wiggle the nut out. If you happen to destroy the bolts, or foresee destroying them, see number 3 in things to consider below.
4. Before pressing out the old bushes, remember to note where the holes in the rubber are located so when you press the new ones you know which direction which holes should face. Some parts are larger than others for some reason.

Things you might consider doing at the same time.

1. Change/Service the front and rear ball joints - MR414137 , MR414138 - Front Lower Arm ball joints. 2 x MR392826 - Front Upper Arm ball joints.
2. Change the shock absorber bushes. (I don’t have a part number for this)
3. Buy some extra camber/arm bolts and washers just in case you mess up the ones you open. Chances are the ones you remove might be ceased or full of rust and will be destroyed when opening. Front upper MR353179, Front lower MB951707+ MB430154, Rear inner MB95170+MB430154, Rear outer MU100017+MR353524, Rear toe MB430151+MB111440.
4. Change the stabilizer links - MR353185 , MR353186 - Front Links and MR353033 , MR353034 - Rear Links.
5. Change the tie rod ends - MB831043, MB831044.
6. Change the bump stops - Front MB831096, Rear MB808482.
7. Change the transmission, transfer case, rear diff and front diff oils.
8. Change the body bushes too if you are that extra. I have a separate project on this.

Last edited by gbytte on Tue May 07, 2019 4:54; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

gbytte

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone please show me how to upload pictures to this forum.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya
A shame that you've gone to all the effort to post something that could be really useful to other Evo owners, but none of them could be bothered to let you know how to post images.   Rolling Eyes

The answer is that you can't post images directly. You will first need to save them to a photo-sharing web site such as Imgur or Photoshop. Once uploaded to a suitable site, you will then need to generate a link to the image and copy/paste it into your post. I did a 'howto' for Photoshop images some time ago, but I don't have a link to it right now.
gbytte

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
Hiya
A shame that you've gone to all the effort to post something that could be really useful to other Evo owners, but none of them could be bothered to let you know how to post images.   :roll:

The answer is that you can't post images directly. You will first need to save them to a photo-sharing web site such as Imgur or Photoshop. Once uploaded to a suitable site, you will then need to generate a link to the image and copy/paste it into your post. I did a 'howto' for Photoshop images some time ago, but I don't have a link to it right now.

Thanks Simon. I'll look into it later in the weekend when I get some time.
gbytte

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
Hiya
A shame that you've gone to all the effort to post something that could be really useful to other Evo owners, but none of them could be bothered to let you know how to post images.   Rolling Eyes

Thanks, it worked  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
gbytte

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbytte wrote:
Someone please show me how to upload pictures to this forum.

I used imgur incase anyone wants to know
Simon_W

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbytte wrote:
Thanks, it worked  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

thumbright
JOHNVOR

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

great post. Will help any member wants to make his evo new again....
Vinson158

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 15:34    Post subject: Re: Pajero Evolution V55 Bushes complete replacement Reply with quote

gbytte wrote:
I found most of this information on the internet but it was all over. Some of it I had to find out on my own. So I consolidated the information with the idea that it may one day help someone else.

I did this project because.

1. I love the Pajero Evolution, so I am planning to keep it for a while.
2. Being a 20 year old car, some of these parts have just deteriorated over time.
3. It’s a big job, so I don’t want to revisit it anytime soon. So I did everything I possibly could.
4. I was tired of all the small squeaks when driving.

I am wildly sorry, but in general it’s customary to give a link to the source of information.
Your, as you say, work.  This is my job and my friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: