eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

4X4 flashing lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pajeropete.2

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 18:16    Post subject: 4X4 flashing lights Reply with quote

i know this is came up many times but my 4x4 flashing lights only come on after about 10 minutes of driving from cold .....no flashing lights when engine is cold....   so whats the first thing i should change or test ???
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 18:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 19:24    Post subject: Re: 4X4 flashing lights Reply with quote

pajeropete.2 wrote:
i know this is came up many times but my 4x4 flashing lights only come on after about 10 minutes of driving from cold .....no flashing lights when engine is cold....   so whats the first thing i should change or test ???

Don't know if you have already read this before, if not check it out  Wink

http://4wd.blogeasy.com/
cool_dube

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 16:32    Post subject: Query on C/D lock Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I own a 2011 Pajero MK II 2.8 Turbo (yes, these were sold in India till 2012) and am absolutely in love with it! Have a query on the SS4 system - please pardon me if it is too basic   Smile

Is the locking of center differential completely mechanical, i.e. directly engaged by the lever? If so, is the orange indicator only that, an indicator, and its blinking in no way indicates that the central diff might not have been locked?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 19:49    Post subject: Re: Query on C/D lock Reply with quote

cool_dube wrote:
Hello everyone! I own a 2011 Pajero MK II 2.8 Turbo (yes, these were sold in India till 2012) and am absolutely in love with it! Have a query on the SS4 system - please pardon me if it is too basic   Smile

Is the locking of center differential completely mechanical, i.e. directly engaged by the lever? If so, is the orange indicator only that, an indicator, and its blinking in no way indicates that the central diff might not have been locked?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Not 100% sure on this but I think it has to be fully lit up, ie, solid orange to be fully engaged I rarely if ever use that function as it's a definite no no, especially on normal hard surfaces like everyday roads. It should only be engaged in slippery conditions like mud , snow or general loose surfaces where traction is lost.
When you say yours is a 2011 Pajero Mk2 are these built under license in your country and retain the ealy model systems and bodyshell ?
cool_dube

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:52    Post subject: Re: Query on C/D lock Reply with quote

kenthepipe wrote:
Not 100% sure on this but I think it has to be fully lit up, ie, solid orange to be fully engaged I rarely if ever use that function as it's a definite no no, especially on normal hard surfaces like everyday roads. It should only be engaged in slippery conditions like mud , snow or general loose surfaces where traction is lost.
When you say yours is a 2011 Pajero Mk2 are these built under license in your country and retain the ealy model systems and bodyshell ?

Thanks for the quick response but from what I understood based on my reading on various forums, and talking to a few Pajero owners here, the front axle engagement does involve a few solenoid valves, vacuum-triggered actuator, etc. and therefore, the green flashing lights do indicate that your front axle might not have been engaged. That is perfectly fine in my case. However, the C/D lock seems to be a 100% mechanical operation and the reason for orange light not stabilizing could be that the response to the 4WD ECU is not coming through - this could be due to faulty C/D lock sensor in the TC, or problem with one of the connecting wires, or the 4WD ECU itself. Just wanted to validate this understanding. Since I am physically moving the lever from 4H to 4HLc, I do not see any reason for the center diff to NOT get engaged. Thoughts please! And yes, of course I use the Lc modes on loose gravel/mud only  Smile

Yes, these were built by Hindustan Motors Ltd. under lic from MMC Japan, till 2012.
offroadflow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's not mechanical!
I'm thinking about putting in a switch to be able to have 4L without the center diff lock.
Handy on normal roads with lots of weight/trailer/precision...
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its electronic and triggered by a switch which turns a motor to engage it, the motors become sticky over time if not used.
offroadflow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, is it really.?
Any schematic or anything what helps figuring out where to intervene, please?    sunny
offroadflow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

awdwiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: