Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Glow plugs and relay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toad

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 16:48    Post subject: Glow plugs and relay Reply with quote

Ok I have a 2.5TD SWB 1991.. every time I start her I hear 2 clicks in the engine to what I was always stated as being the glow plugs. It has suddenly got intermittent and sometimes clicks and sometimes not. If not and its first thing it is hard to start but at the moment does.

I've had it in my usual garage who has an auto electrician look at it who stated it isn't the glow plugs but the heater plug relay timer which has a dry joint (what ever that means). He's repaired it although if he has I couldn't telly you and charged me 72 quid.

I got in it straight away and there was no clicking at all.

Any chance someone could advise what the issue could be and recommend a good garage that I can trust as i've the timing belt to sort and other stuff

I live in the Middleton, Manchester Area
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 16:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Andy1966

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the glow plug relay its on the passenger side inner wing under the bonnet mines a 2.5 shogun sport
on saying that I had a 2.8 paj and I would normally get a click from the relay but it worked fine never let down
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: