Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

3.5GDi Lash Adjusters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caesium

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:20    Post subject: 3.5GDi Lash Adjusters Reply with quote

So I ordered a load of new bits from Japan so that I could replace my lash adjusters and cure a leak from the rocker cover and I finally got around to stripping it all off over the weekend.

To my surprise when I got the rocker covers off I saw that the camshafts are not held in my bearing caps as I expected, but they seem to be held on by a single casting that holds both shafts in place.

Needless to say I cannot get my lash adjuster removal tool in there and get the followers out to replace the lash adjusters without removing both camshafts on each bank.

I think I will have to live with the lifter ticking, I certainly don't want to remove all four camshafts

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

it,s a beam camshaft cover to replace them the timing belt and all the gubbins in the way have to come off,along with the cams..if you have the infamous tick tick then buy some marvel mystery oil along with fresh oil and a filter which should be 5/30 fully synthetic preferable mobil 1 drain the oil mix 1/2 liter of marvel mystery oil with 1/2 liter of fresh oil pour it in then top it off to the correct level then run it as normal for about a month then drain it out if it,s still ticking then repeat the process the marvel mystery oil is designed to clean and lubricate all the small oil channeles out that other flushes and engine oils struggle to do...ive been doing this with gdi,s for the last 10 years...and judging by the state of that head the oil has not been getting changed enough which in gdi,s it needs to be as the oil absorbs the carbon and if it,s not changed regularly it will kill the bearings and crank Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: