Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

EGR related problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NMac

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 19:37    Post subject: EGR related problems Reply with quote

Just bought another Shogun, an 06 plate 3.2 Auto 4 work although that is confusing as it has rear seats  Laughing

Just before it was loaded onto the recovery truck in Bathgate to come up to Aberdeen I was told it had cut out three times and seemed to lack power   Shocked
Here we go I thought, a lemon
On removing the EGR i noticed it was stuck fully open  Rolling Eyes

Hoping the sticky EGR valve is the only problem  Laughing

Sticky EGR valve was the problem, plenty power now the EGR has been blanked and associated pipework removed to save weight, now just suspension all round  Rolling Eyes  Laughing

Last edited by NMac on Fri Jul 26, 2019 16:48; edited 2 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 19:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

NMac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

EGR blanked and engine runs much better

Last edited by NMac on Fri Jul 26, 2019 16:48; edited 2 times in total
peacebank

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably needs the inlet cleaning.

At the very least, try clearing out the outlet that the map sensor connects to as it blocks up.
NMac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

peacebank wrote:
Probably needs the inlet cleaning.

At the very least, try clearing out the outlet that the map sensor connects to as it blocks up.

Have sent away for a s/h air intake to clean and put on so time off the road is minimalist

Should also have mentioned that as far as I'm led to believe she has not been run much in last year + so might be a memory fade ?
Showight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that if that blank plate is visible (eg shiny!) and/or throws a CEL it will fail an MOT
NMac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showight wrote:
Don't forget that if that blank plate is visible (eg shiny!) and/or throws a CEL it will fail an MOT

Thanks for your reminder, as usual I leave the EGR in place and connected but all associated pipework and gas cooler have been removed so no codes and no bad gasses  Very Happy
NMac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the good result with blanking the egr my beastie was not idling, after a few attempts at resetting the idle memory it will tick over until put into R or D and just cuts out then takes a good few turn to fire up again so I'm in the process of stripping the air intake manifold off to clean it all and if that does not have the desired effect then its fuel pipe replacement, especially the metal pipes on top of the tank  Rolling Eyes
RogerStenning

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMac wrote:
After the good result with blanking the egr my beastie was not idling, after a few attempts at resetting the idle memory it will tick over until put into R or D and just cuts out then takes a good few turn to fire up again so I'm in the process of stripping the air intake manifold off to clean it all and if that does not have the desired effect then its fuel pipe replacement, especially the metal pipes on top of the tank  Rolling Eyes

Had mine stall in traffic with the same problem today, of course when the RAC turned up, the problem would not replicate (ain't that the way!). I'll be having a look at the EGR valve tomorrow, but in the mean time, did cleaning the inlet work, or did you have to replace anything?
RogerStenning

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

It asn't the EGR valve in my case - seems that was replaced earlier this year by the PO (I've got the paperwork on it). In my wagon's case, it was a clogged fuel filter that did not appear to have been changed since March last year  Evil or Very Mad SO, I've replaced that today, and the wagon now runs fine. And am I mighty glad about that  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: