QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Relasing pedal, increases revs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bravehrt17

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:41    Post subject: Relasing pedal, increases revs Reply with quote

Hello everyone

I have an issue since i got the Pajero, that wasn't able to fix yet...and neither my mechanic.
In cruising speed, around 90-100km/h the responce of the engine is strange..
I thought it was related to the kick down, but adjusting it a lot to both directions didnt cure it.
So...i only manage to go to the lowest possible revs and also listen to the egnine smoother, if i keep accelarating to more than 100, to 120km/h maybe..
But as soon as i get the desired (or maximum allowed) speed and i lift my foot from the pedal, the revs go up and i hear it like going to lower gear (more noisy)
I am not sure if that is actually a gear change, ot torque convertor (according to some topics i read)
I also read something about TPS, or other gearbox or heat seansor maybe causing this...

But still didnt manage to solve it, and its really annoying on the high way..
Its the only negative thing, that makes me sometimes thinking to let the truck go....

I hope your knowledge will light up things for me

P.s. I fixed myself lot of issues like the 4x4 blinking lights (stucked actuator, faulty switch/sensor), electrical issues.... and i could try a few things myself if i have the correct information

thanks in advance
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Mark3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like it maybe a defective brake servo but its hard to be exact as the description of the symptoms isn't particularly clear
bravehrt17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark..i understand, i will try to explain the symptom better

The problem is when in need the last gear, to relief the truck's engine and drop the rpms, when driving in high way, flat road.
I accelerate to 80-90 kms, gears change fine. but i feel that the engine is still noisy and rpms 3000+
To achieve the rpms to drop (2500) and engine run smoother (less noise) i have to step more on acceration....
I keep doing tha to keep this, but normally truck is accelarting, alhtough running smoother
At 120km/h i have to stop (max limit) and gradually release the pressure on the pedal
This brings the rpms back to 3000, and i hear the engine like lower speed is on.
But i dont think this is actually gear drop, because setting to overdrive-off while on the 120km/h the change is much more obvious (on sound, and rpms) so that is the real gear drop
I think the other has to do with torque converter or something?

Its very annoying because there is specific speed where this rps change, goes up and down all the time, with the slight touch of the accelaration pedal

Any light to the correct direction would be useful!
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

loosen/ slacken the kickdown cable. and try it. The kickdown adjustment is not always best in the recommended setting.
bravehrt17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried several settings on that, without obvious change in behavour... Rolling Eyes
Mark3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im afraid i still dont understand at all  Sad

BUT to illuminate the kick down cable settings you can unhook the inner cable from the linkage in seconds and it wont harm anything driving without it .

see if the problem remains..........
bravehrt17

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again.
I did many experiments with the kick down cable, and i even disconnected at all with no difference AT ALL....
I still have kick down effect when pedal on the floor (but i was said that this is normal, and not controlled by the cable)
That was 3 years ago, after an engine rebuilt

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=167471

I was asking about the same problem, which still goes on..
Its just that the truck is used by my father, and i only get it some weekends, so we learned to live with the issue...
But dont feel with it, when driving on high way, its annoying

I was guided to this, but never attempt to do something... TPS adjust
http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59488&highlight=tps+adjust
bravehrt17

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the TPS did the trick, and now i can control how easy the top gear is engaged

Turning is clockwise, i have more power, but no last gear on the high way.

I turned it anti-clowise and i have the top gear easier without having to push to 3000 revs
But on the hills i would prefer to hold on 3rd gear little more..so i am still experimenting.
I can use the OD button to get more revs of course.

I also tried the HOLD/POWER buttons with no obvious difference...Do they actually work? And if yes, how do i confirm that?

thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: