Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mk1 brake conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lsl1600

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:01    Post subject: Mk1 brake conversion Reply with quote

Hi All, looking for some advice for my brakes on a LWB mk1. I have changed discs, pads and drums , checked lines and fluid but the brakes are still pretty woeful. I find they lock up really easily causing plenty of skids, even in the dry. I am driving at sensible speeds and looking to cure the problem. Is it possible to convert rear drums to discs? Can ABS from a later model be fitted or is it a nightmare. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers,

Liam
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not normal, I've always found my brakes, disks all round, to be just sufficient, never had a lockup.

Perhaps someone has fitted a much smaller diameter master cylinder, have a look at that.
Lsl1600

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will check the master cylinder but everything seems to be factory. I have drums on the rear and would like to be able to switch to discs
trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Converting your MK1 from drum to disk brakes on the rear requires replacing each wheel bearing case, as the calipers hang from a very different case. First you need to find a case pair, then remove the axle shaft bearings in order to fit the replacement cases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: