Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

New with Sport 115cvs and overboost problem ONLY in short ge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ibizagti

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 13:36    Post subject: New with Sport 115cvs and overboost problem ONLY in short ge Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I´m new and I´m from Spain.

I have a Shogun Sport 2.5 TD 115hp with 280,000kms and I have not been able to go as it should go for a long time.

I have read in the forum the threads of the problems of overpressure and in my case, the problema is in 1st, 2nd and 50% of the time in 3rd gear. In 4th and 5th the car does not boost more than it should and walks as it should. And it is what drives me crazy.

The symptoms are as follows:

- NO EML light on
- In 4th and 5th gear the pressure gives a peak of 1.2Bar and already regulates 0.8-0.9Bar in a couple of seconds. In flat road, at 60mph the turbo boost about 0.7Bar (10-11psi)
- In 1st, 2nd and many times in 3rd gear, if floor thoroughly from low rpm the turbo pressoure go to 1.4bar and remains there (without turning on the EML light) but the car runs much less (it can go up at 4500rpm but not with the power it should).
- In 1st, 2nd and many times in 3rd gear, if the throttle is moderately so that the turbo does not blow so much (around 1 bar), the car goes up to 4500 with the force it should.

- The geometry moves fine..
- The turbo solenoid valve is new (changed twice).
- I have also changed the lung that regulates the geometry of the turbo (same results)
- Changed the Map sensor
- Changed the geometry sensor
- 4 new oem injectors
- New fuel filter

I have read the Mitsu vgt adjustment document, and I have been playing giving more length to the geometry bar and leaving the lower adjustment screw with only 1 thread. With this I get the turbo to blow a little less at the tip of the gas (it continues to blow at 1 BAR) but in 1st, 2nd and many times in 3rd it continues to rise to 1.4BAR and keeps it until the throttle is released. And 5th gear now, the pressure ranges between 0.6 and 0.9Bar on steep long slopes (which I didn't do before).

So I am desperate. I have problems of excessive blows but only in certain gears, there is no EML light on, and the adjustment I make of the geometry does not affect almost anything to the short marches (yes in the long ones)

Any advice or help?

Thank you
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 13:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: