Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rear arches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> MOT / Servicing Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Spalding

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 17:34    Post subject: Rear arches Reply with quote

Hey. My 2.8 LWB has seen better days when it comes to the rear arches and last 8 inches of rear sills. Otherwise it's good.  Any ideas of a ball park price to have these welded up? I have good donor sections from another truck. I just need it to the point where its welded in. Painting etc I will do.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 17:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Hugh Michael

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem exactly, but without the benefit of parts cut from a donor vehicle. It is all possible to do with replacement steel plate, but not a particularly easy job with the mig welder. The inner sills are complicated by needing to unbolt and remove the outer running boards, and you may find that hidden by the plastic cover the underneath of the outer sill is corroded too. Always allow for the fact that any car body welding job grows as you tackle it and any quote you get may be an underestimate, or if you are doing it yourself allow far more time than you intially expect.
Mine is over my pit now andIi have done the rear wheel arches and now have the inner sills to repair. mine was full of yellow sand which held the moisture and caused the corrosion.
Dave Spalding

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I managed to make it better. My welding isnt the prettiest as I'm out of practice but its solid and now has arches again!
Hugh Michael

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, or weld on!  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> MOT / Servicing Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: