Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Certificate of conformity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niner

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 15:17    Post subject: Certificate of conformity Reply with quote

hi, I’ve just joined the forum after buying a mk1 pajero 1990,
I’m bringing it over from the Isle of Man so will have to reregister it here, I’m looking at the V 55/5 form and they require a lot of info from the certificate of conformity
Does anyone have this cert or would pass on the info from it as it’s 150£ on the internet
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 15:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is surely only needed for imports that are under ten years of age at the time of import? My Dolomite was an IoM car and all I had to do with that was get it tested using the chassis number (it was still young enough to require MOT at the time, as is your Pajero).

As your Paj is well beyond ten years of age, then it will need either an offside (or a pair of) rear fog lamp(s) which must have a visual indication on or by the switch to show that they're up when the switch is operated and that's it. The speedometer and odometer may read in KM/H & KM as there's no need to change those, though at least with the Pajero you could swap the speedo face for a (Shogun?) one with mph displayed if you found it useful.
As the IoM is a crown dependency, you just need the V55, the cost of VED for the car and two forms of identity then DVLA will issue a UK plate and away you go. Smile
Niner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 13:04    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for your help
Tha paj was previously registered in the uk after being imported from Japan it was then registered on the Isle of Man
Do I have to nova it with HMRC ?
Bit of a minefield hopefully I’ll get through it unharmed 😁
JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the car has previously been registered in the UK, then it ought to be possible to register it on the plate that was issued when it first came to the UK, I would ask DVLA to consider doing this and although it would still cost some VED and the registration fee, this seems to be the way forward in these circumstances, as it is when a car has been taken to a channel Island and then returned to the UK.
I've asked a chap I've been dealing with for at least the last twenty years about this very thing as he's lived on Jersey - also, like the IoM, a Crown dependency but not part of the UK in administrative terms - several times during the last few years and has registered his car at least twice on its UK issue, issued when he shipped it in from Japan in 2002.

Cool
Niner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 19:18    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks again for your help, I’ll phone the dvla Monday 😁
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: