Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

fuel pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wobblybob

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 14:24    Post subject: fuel pump Reply with quote

although posted on the newbie site  i have owned pajero,s  for years , what I would like to know is what is the signs that the diesal fuel pump on my current pajero 2.8lwb is faulty
1/ it is a pig to star.
2/ its using a lot of fuel,and leaking.
3/ there is very little acceleration.
4/ smokes a lot once started.
5 / I am being told on this site  what it might be but it has become so confusing that I do not know which way to turn ,can someone on this site who deals with this problem help
     me before i have to sell because  of cost
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 14:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

davidsmith1307

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 16:17    Post subject: Re: fuel pump Reply with quote

wobblybob wrote:
although posted on the newbie site  i have owned pajero,s  for years , what I would like to know is what is the signs that the diesal fuel pump on my current pajero 2.8lwb is faulty
1/ it is a pig to star.
5 / I am being told on this site  what it might be but it has become so confusing that I do not know which way to turn ,can someone on this site who deals with this problem help

You need Mark3....
davidsmith1307

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't find him on here, he lists on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pajero-Delica-Shogun-challenger-2-8-pump-seal-replacement-service/293270586601?hash=item44484a04e9:g:HYYAAOSw~4NZtnSg
Mark3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 20:23    Post subject: Re: fuel pump Reply with quote

wobblybob wrote:
1/ it is a pig to star.

The only thing on the above list of ailments that is definately be associated with the injector pump is the fuel leak,  being hard to start if just from cold could be the heater plugs are defective or not powered, the other items could be due to a lack of maintenance?
wobblybob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark I have just had the truck taken to my nearest garage to a very competent mechanic who has taken off the pump and had it sent to someone in the business of repairing diesel pumps it came back to a cost to me of 380 pounds for a complete overhaul, the garage then sent for relating parts , ie new fuel filter,3 separate o rings,and today this truck is no better but far worse , keeps cutting out, smoking not just on starting but when driving ,mark its not a lack of maintenance,as every time there is a problem this truck has had money thrown at it , we are pensioners who love these trucks, and need them to attend to our horses on land miles of the main road , in the last 12 months we have spent over 2.000 pounds on her , but this issue of cutting out has not improved,nor has the pulling power. but no one can tell me where to look to next,if it was an issue with my Triumph Vitesse i could have fixed it no time.
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Until Mark turns up, and to give you something to do  Very Happy  

Assuming the pump was fitted correctly, the things I would check are the flow and return fuel pipes, if they are suspect  renew both from front to rear. Check the fuel sender unit on top of the tank, the pipes  rust there. I have heard of the fuel pick up pipes within the tank having holes.

some of the fuel filters have a flat surface on the head in which case the seal on the top of the filter needs to be removed before fitting. Check that the copper  washer is on the fuel bleed bolt and all the seals on the filter are good.

If the EGR is still present make sure that is operating, or just block the vacuum pipe and  run the vehicle and see if it helps.

What were the three extra "O" rings for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: