Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

ATF???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazeeladuk

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 14:42    Post subject: ATF??? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me which ATF  I should be putting in my auto gearbox please there seems to be a few specs.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 14:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millers Millermatic SP 3 WS.

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60226-millers-oils-millermatic-atf-sp-iii-ws.aspx

Currently on offer with 10% off but speak to Matt and tell him you are a member of this site and he will give another 5% off normally, then tell him you are a first time customer on a recommendation and he will normally work a little more off.

To do a full change you need 2 X 5 litre containers of it.
lazeeladuk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic thank you I've seen so many others saying just use this one or that one but I seem to remember seeing one of the other members on here saying the oil runs very hot and to use specific one and so didn't want to risk it.
Thanks again
assassin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, it does run hot and it is the heat which kills the ATF and accelerates its breakdown, it is actually meeting the requirement of SP +4 which is the latest specification and it is also backwards compatible which means it can be used in older Shogun/Pajero transmissions using and requiring Dia Queen SP II and many changed their older SP II ATF for the newer SP III specification ATF as a useful ATF upgrade and the feedback was that it lasted much longer, particularly for those off roading regularly and a site member called Venn (or Mr Venn as I call him) found it much improved as he off roaded a lot and shot a lot of video of his excursions.
lazeeladuk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered all the bits from MitzyBitz and I've been assured that the ATF is the hi spec one for my vehicle. Not bad £66 for the lot
assassin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the specifications and ensure it meets SP III before using it, many people in retail make recommendations including many claimed experts in Mitsubishis, and just satisfy yourself it is correct.

If you post the make and type of ATF provided I can run a check on it for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: