QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Calliper Advice needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medicman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 21:01    Post subject: Calliper Advice needed Reply with quote

Hi guys need some advice on calliper slide bolts.

I replaced the rear pads yesterday as they were grinding when pressing foot brake, turns out the inside pad on n/s

was down to the metal, after a drive to check all was well I discovered the wheel was very hot and smelly so took it off today thinking

the calliper was sticking, removed both slide bolts cleaned up the surface rust and re greased them but when I nipped up the lower

one it locked the wheel solid so I couldn’t turn it by hand and had to slacken it to only hand tight to allow wheel to turn,

top one nipped up ok with spanner, so question is what have I done wrong or missed something simple.

Thanks in advance
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 21:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have experience on a MkII and I think yours is a later model.

I was thinking that maybe you have got the slider bolts in the wrong positions. On the MkII the bolt with the rubber bit on the end goes in the lower hole iirc.

Ignore the above if yours is a different set up.
medicman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply mines a mk4 with mk3 rear brakes and it has a small black collar on the end of the lower pin which is in the right hole, heading to Berwick today hope I don’t loose it on way down, there’s a Mitsubishi dealer there I’ll nip in and ask their advise.

Thanks again
medicman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news........ all’s well with the calliper, after scouring this forum and our antipodean cousins forum www2.pajeroclub.com.au

I found a post from nick-dudley.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 14:58  
had one yesterday mark, too much grease in slider holes, when you clamped slider pins up it was locking the wheel, slider holes were hydraulicking, forcing caliper over and locking brake on.

So took the lower pin back out stuck a small long screw driver in the hole and removed a smaller than expected amount to grease

then tightened up the bolt and no more wheel drag, double checked wheel temp on drive down to Berwick and calliper is luvly and

cold, the brake pedal even feels better as before it always felt like it was pulsing so happy days.

Hope this helps
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it's sorted.
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly same problem on my mk2,at first i thought the friction material was to thick as it was clamping the pads on to the disk when tightened a bit of thought worked slider bolts couldn't travel full distance into caliper body as there was to much grease in the sliding bolt hole,cleaned out and all was good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: