2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2.8 Pajero cutting out when stopping. Air/fuel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott_M

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 17:01    Post subject: 2.8 Pajero cutting out when stopping. Air/fuel? Reply with quote

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this..

I've just bought a 2.8 Pajero auto (1995), serviced it straight away myself. Oil, coolant, oil filter, fuel filter. The car has an aftermarket cone air filter on it, which I don't think would cause it to cut out.

When I start the car in a morning it struggles to start. And when I'm coming to a stop and the car is naturally dropping revs it completely cuts out on me.. Now when I goto the fuel filter and push that button on the top, it's always very loose after stalling when that should always be stiff right? Which brings me to the conclusion that air is getting into the fuel system somewhere?

So I've had the pump seal replaced already thinking that would be the problem, but it sadly wasn't. Mark did inform me it had been done previously but with the wrong seal anyway so that's one off the list. I've had the filter on the top of the fuel tank off and the metal which connects to the rubber fuel lines were both very badly corroded.. I've changed it also and my problem is still there. The next thing on my list to change is the lines between both of the filters to full rubber lines and bypass all the metal fuel lines under the car hoping this will solve the issue (although there's no diesel leaks). But while I'm waiting for the rubber pipes does anyone have any other ideas of what I could do to solve this? Anyone had any similar problems?

I Also have a C/D lock orange light flashing at me which is annoying. I've tried the wire technique pin 1 to 4 and only the A/T light flashes some sort of code.. Anyone know what this is with A/T? It seems to do one solid flash for a 10, then 1 quick flash for a 1, so 11 right?

I have a link to the video as I can't post it on here for spam reasons.. And can't upload MP4 files..

Much appreciate any response,
Scott.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 17:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: