QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Constant hot air to screen and side vents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exDisco2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:15    Post subject: Constant hot air to screen and side vents Reply with quote

Good morning

There is contant heated air emerging from the screen and side vents whatever settings are chosen for the Climate Control system including auto.

Can you direct me to what I should test/check to resolve this problem.

Thank you

RHD 2007 Mk4 LWB Shogun
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely the baffle electronic control (control unit or simply failed connector or wiring) on the heater fan unit which is found behind the passenger lower glove box on most models.
exDisco2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

iam_TJ wrote:
Most likely the baffle electronic control (control unit or simply failed connector or wiring) on the heater fan unit which is found behind the passenger lower glove box on most models.

Thank you.

Deep apologies for my slow reply.

It seems that my original description of the symptoms are incomplete:   I couldn't hear any sound of servo activity when only directing the air flow, i.e. leaving the CC to control air speed, nor could I feel any change in the air flow direction.   Prior to starting to strip things apart, I turned the fan to maximum and then tried different air paths.   That results in definite changes in the direction of the air flow.

Does that make it more likely that the baffle ECU is faulty?

Thanks

Richard
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

exDisco2 wrote:

It seems that my original description of the symptoms are incomplete:   I couldn't hear any sound of servo activity when only directing the air flow, i.e. leaving the CC to control air speed, nor could I feel any change in the air flow direction.   Prior to starting to strip things apart, I turned the fan to maximum and then tried different air paths.   That results in definite changes in the direction of the air flow.

So now you think the outlet selection is working because with the fan operating at maximum you detect changes in air flow? Does that extend to the screen and side vents not blasting (hot) air when you've set the outlets to mid-level or footwells? If those outlets work whilst hot air is still coming out of the screen/side vents then that suggests the baffle controlling the screen/side is stuck.

If your vehicle has the "Demist" button that, on my Mark 3 GDi Elegance, causes the screen/side vents to be selected as well as the heated mirrors and rear screen, could that be affecting this by being 'stuck' on some way?

Another thought - are you able to control the air temperature so with air conditioner active and temperature set low (18C)  all air is cold? If not, that could indicate a second issue with the temperature sensor(s).
exDisco2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

iam_TJ wrote:
exDisco2 wrote:

So now you think the outlet selection is working because with the fan operating at maximum you detect changes in air flow? Does that extend to the screen and side vents not blasting (hot) air when you've set the outlets to mid-level or footwells? If those outlets work whilst hot air is still coming out of the screen/side vents then that suggests the baffle controlling the screen/side is stuck.

If your vehicle has the "Demist" button that, on my Mark 3 GDi Elegance, causes the screen/side vents to be selected as well as the heated mirrors and rear screen, could that be affecting this by being 'stuck' on some way?

Another thought - are you able to control the air temperature so with air conditioner active and temperature set low (18C)  all air is cold? If not, that could indicate a second issue with the temperature sensor(s).

Thanks Iam_TJ,

I will investigate carefully and record the behaviour under the conditions that you suggest.

Cheers

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: