2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Folding seats into a bed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaworski86
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 19:21    Post subject: Folding seats into a bed Reply with quote

Hi everybody!
I tried to look for this information everywhere but still didn't find the answer. I want to buy Shogun/Pajero/Challenger and I am wondering is it possible in any of them to fold seats down/forward in a way that will allow you to sleep in the boot? What is the distance between back of the front seats and the end of the car? As far as i know it is possible to lay seats completely flat in Challenger, right?
Cheers!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 19:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simon_W

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the seats in a Challenger go completely flat, but I don't think that you need to incorporate the boot space.   I will take a scan of the Owner's Manual later and post it here.
jaworski86
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Simon!
I forgot to add that I am asking about 1996 or older pajero Smile
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pajero owners manual on my Google Drive HERE explains how to do it.

You are welcome to download it.
KEVINBUK

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to fold the rear seats down on our Challenger and used the mattress from an old "Z-bed" in the rear and had many a comfortable night in there...  Wink Before that we had the SWB Pajero and although the seats fold flattish they make for a very uneven mattress and footspace is limited even with the front seats pushed as far forward as possible. Not recommended  Rolling Eyes  

K  Wink
jaworski86
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I am looking for a LWB as we want 5 doors. We are having our first baby in may Smile (and this is going to be our first car as well haha) and we think that 5 door model will make things much easier. So I guess there would be plenty enough space, lengthwise.
jonny ramrod

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend putting an air bed on the seats when folded into a bed, pretty uncomfy otherwise. Delica's fold into a nice big bed as well (but I'm biased  Wink  )
Simon_W

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaworski86 wrote:
Thanks a lot Simon!
I forgot to add that I am asking about 1996 or older pajero Smile

FWIW here's the Challenger seating arrangement:

Don't necessarily ignore a Challenger in favour of a Pajero if a good one comes along. I am really pleased with my 2.8 diesel auto.  Smile
White Elephant

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm having a technophobe crisis  Rolling Eyes  but if someone could link to the show us your mk1 thread I put pics of my Paj set out as a bed (mk1).

For a family space I would recommend the delica though, I have 4 kids and 2 large dogs and frankly our Paj struggles to accommodate (appreciate you don't have quite the menagerie I do) I must say I am no giant but I wouldn't want to spend the night in the truck unless I had to, there's barely enough length to lie down. Also we have a people carrier and it's a fact, they are better family cars by design. That said I take the truck for preference where possible  Cool

All the best
Simon_W

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Elephant wrote:
Sorry I'm having a technophobe crisis  Rolling Eyes  but if someone could link to the show us your mk1 thread I put pics of my Paj set out as a bed (mk1).

Here you go. It looks very comfortable!  Smile

(from Show us your Mk1, page 43)
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:

Don't necessarily ignore a Challenger in favour of a Pajero if a good one comes along. I am really pleased with my 2.8 diesel auto.  Smile

I echo Simon and would say that I would have another Challenger if a good one came along at the right time. When I got mine, I initially missed some of the toys from the earlier Pajero but to be honest I soon forgot about them and looked instead at the benefits of having a larger and more practical car overall.

Whatever you go for check it out thoroughly and buy a good one.

K  Wink
Simon_W

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEVINBUK wrote:

...I would have another Challenger if a good one came along at the right time. When I got mine, I initially missed some of the toys from the earlier Pajero but to be honest I soon forgot about them and looked instead at the benefits of having a larger and more practical car overall.

Kevin - as a matter of interest, what toys did you initially miss? The only toy I wish my Challenger had is cruise control. The peace of mind from a rear diff lock would be nice, but I'd probably never use it anyway.

I'm interested that you think the Challenger is larger and more practical. I've always looked at it as the Pajero/Shogun's smaller brother.

I've just discovered that there was a Challenger entered in some of the late 90s Dakar events. It had the 3.5 litre MIVEC engine from the Pajero Evolution.

trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll even see the "pillows" on the rear most seats.  

When camping, we slept in our Mk1 lwb for around two years, draping a mozzie net over the whole truck so that we could safely leave all windows down through out the nights.  One downside, we needed to store our goods in a 3m tent to make this sleeping space,  until buying the roof top tent.
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
KEVINBUK wrote:

...I would have another Challenger if a good one came along at the right time. When I got mine, I initially missed some of the toys from the earlier Pajero but to be honest I soon forgot about them and looked instead at the benefits of having a larger and more practical car overall.

Kevin - as a matter of interest, what toys did you initially miss? The only toy I wish my Challenger had is cruise control. The peace of mind from a rear diff lock would be nice, but I'd probably never use it anyway.

I'm interested that you think the Challenger is larger and more practical. I've always looked at it as the Pajero/Shogun's smaller brother.

I've just discovered that there was a Challenger entered in some of the late 90s Dakar events. It had the 3.5 litre MIVEC engine from the Pajero Evolution.

Nothing serious I suppose, it didnt have the fast throttle knob below the dash - I fitted the one from the Pajero ( a kind of manual Cruise Control  Wink )
I at first felt a bit exposed that it had only one battery - strange how you get used to two
It didnt have adjusting shock absorbers
No aerial half-mast switch
No "hold" switch
I feel there were other things but cannot remember... They were that important  Laughing probably Winter Pack stuff?

As far as size is concerned, I was coming from a SWB  Wink . I neverr had a LWB Paj. I nearly did as the day I bought the Challenger, I had gone to view a LWB Exceed, test drove both and bought the Challenger.

Rally version looks Ace!
KEVINBUK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

trekker wrote:
You'll even see the "pillows" on the rear most seats.  

When camping, we slept in our Mk1 lwb for around two years, draping a mozzie net over the whole truck so that we could safely leave all windows down through out the nights.  One downside, we needed to store our goods in a 3m tent to make this sleeping space,  until buying the roof top tent.

I never went safari but one time in the wilds of Scotland next to Loch Shin we returned from a day on the hills to the car and set up right next to the Loch. We used to stow all the camping bits beneath the car at night. That was fine until the mornng when the breeze had dropped and the Scottish Midge was out in force  Shocked Aw man I got eaten alive retrievng and packhg all the stuff from under the car. If I had my time again I would have just driven over it all and left it.  Laughing

Happy days  Cool

K   Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: