Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

1996 2.8L Mitsubishi Challenger A/T Light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dunc1981

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 17:42    Post subject: 1996 2.8L Mitsubishi Challenger A/T Light Reply with quote

Good afternoon all. I hope everyone is keeping well

I have a 1996 Mitsubishi Challenger 2.8 diesel  
From the plate under the bonnet
Model:  KD-K97WG RPF
Chassis No: KD97-1005739
Engine: 4M40 ext H3SC
Trans Axle: V4AW3 4900

After looking through the 170 (ish) pages on here regarding the dreaded auto boxes flashing A/T light i could still do with a bit of help if anyone can.

My problem: the sodding A/T light. as stated elsewhere after moving the 800m the A/T light comes on and the car becomes a manual, but when moving over 45mph it goes off or switching car off, until moving again it comes back on ??
I have got a fault code from the A/T light of 32 (32 Open No. 1 Speed Sensor Circuit)

The Speedo works fine
My question is where is the number 1 speed sensor, as have also read that it could be on the back of dash speedo.

I believe i have found what could be the sensor (i cant add a picture) but it doesn't seam to look like any of the others as it has cables directly connected to it and i couldn't find/feel a connector for it and the cable goes over the box

Should i be checking behind the dash speedo ?
does the auto box oil level affect this A/T light or any faults on the ABS

Apart from the A/T light it drives fine and also when having to use L,2nd and drive it drives fine am just a bit stuck on where to be looking, i also unfortunately have no access to ramps of anything so its just me and a bag of tools lol
I have asked a few garages but they haven't seamed to know or want to help.

anyway any help with this fault or information on this vehicle would be appreciated as it came with nothing

sincerely thanking you in advance.
Duncan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 17:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Dunc1981

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case it helps.
On my vehicle it was the gearbox speed sensor ( on the drivers side of the gearbox )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: