QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

steering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sygone76

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 14:05    Post subject: steering Reply with quote

Hi all. I have just had a new steering rack fitted. But now the steering is very hard to turn any ideas.

2008 Shogun 3.2 DI-D V98 MK4
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 14:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power steering not working.

Start with the belt, is it driving the pump, is it even fitted or has it been left off, is the clutch on the pump faulty and is it actually engaging, is the pump producing pressure and are the pipes to the rack connected the righjt way round.
Sygone76

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 21:41    Post subject: steering Reply with quote

I have had squeeling belts on front for last 8 months. I bought the belts from europarts and not mitsubishi. The steering was easy before garage fitted new rack. It is going to get tracked in morning. I will be able to give an update after this. The garage that fitted it have done alot on my motor and never had any issues. At the moment the steering wheel is vertical to drive straight until i take it for tracking as they dont have tracking equipment Thanks for the info. Again i will update tomorrow
radiomike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:

Start with the belt, is it driving the pump, is it even fitted or has it been left off, is the clutch on the pump faulty and is it actually engaging, is the pump producing pressure and are the pipes to the rack connected the righjt way round.

I think he might have trouble checking the power steering belt...
Sygone76

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

So an update. Had it at another garage today and there saying its not the right steering rack. So they wanted to supply there own. I rang milner and mitsubishi. The steering rack will fit both v98 and v88. My steering pump doesnt have a belt. There must have been an airlock,as it seems a little easier to turn now. I just have the issue of getting the rack lined up properly as i think this is the main cause of the track rod ends been offset.
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

radiomike wrote:
assassin wrote:

I think he might have trouble checking the power steering belt...

Brain not fully engaged Mike.
Sygone76

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got it sorted. Supplier had put oversize track rod ends on. Got replacement parts and 50% off steering rack.
My steering rack is still quarter of a turn out as it wasnt centralised before hand and he moved wheel instead. The wheels are tracked. Should it cause a problem if rack is quarfer turn out ?
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: