Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Super select lights go out after starting

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awant_uk

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi  guys.. Im currently experiencing exactly the same issue as OP with a Flashing CD light and ASC and traction cotnrol lights off and wont go into 5th gear. Ive changed transfer switches x 5 and checked vacuum and just to be sure changed the Vacuum solenoid and its not made a scrap of difference.
I keep checking for codes and only get code 33 transfer.. no ABS or Gearbox codes etc.
Im about to take the actuator apart as it works when i put 12v to it and can heard it work but fear that something is stuck somewhere.
The car and 4wd system has worked faultlessy with no flashing CD under any circumstance prevously and for this to happen like this i found it strange.
Im curious to know more about the steering wheel sensor and how that affects ASC and 5th gear.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

awant_uk

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan greyhound wrote:
Hi all after further poking and electrocution it seems the asc is faulty and my not be the steering alignment sensor...... there does seem to be a lot of non Mitsubishi approved duck tape behind the dash but new asc is ordered and I’ll keep you all updated.

when you say the ASC is faulty.. do you mean the ECU or part of the ABS system etc ?
Dan greyhound

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there bud. It’s asc Ecu that looks to be faulty on mine which links the SSII 4x4 lights on dash the abs the steering sensor and god knows what else I’ve found this from a Mitsubishi tech Manuel that a friend liberated for a weekend for me as he’s sick and tired of my moaning about it haha but he’s an mot tester and is only useful once a year wink wink. I’ll be putting in the replacement ecu on Friday so I’ll post what happens ever happiness or a shogun shaped bonfire one of the two....... marshmallows will not be supplied but spectators welcome haha
Dan greyhound

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a result the asc ecu fixed some bits but not the  4 wheel drive so I’m a moment of screaming rage I started pulling cables from the 5 transfer case switches and noticed the diagnostic black magic box started saying they were off so I’ve wired toggle switches In line and all is working now I have no idea what was causing the end problem but have got a solution...... and yes it did give me back 5th gear haha and who doesn’t like a toggle switch or 5 haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: