2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2008 LWB - Uneven Body Height

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RussInKenya

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:14    Post subject: 2008 LWB - Uneven Body Height Reply with quote

Short Version: Does the Mk4 Pajero have adjustments on the suspension to adjust ride height left to right, particularly at the rear?

Long Version:

I have had my Pajero for a couple of months now (2008 3.8 petrol Auto LWB imported to Kenya from Japan 5 years ago).  I noticed a few days after buying it that the body sat slightly wonky, on measuring between wheel centre and arch I'm 2cm lower on the driver side to passenger side at the front and 4cm at the rear.  I'm also a couple of cm higher at the rear than the front.  There is no obvious crash damage to suspension components, though it had a knock at the front at some time as I have a mediocre colour match on a front wing and a grill with a mismatched number plate engraving (this is done locally to discourage parts being stolen, along with lots of rivets!).

A local garage diagnosed a slightly damaged rear driver side coil spring, though there was no obvious damage when they showed me them removed from the car.  They quoted for the work, but wanted US$500 for a pair of rear springs, I quickly found they have a reputation for very high parts prices and didn't take them up.  I found another chain garage who replaced the rear coil springs with OBK aftermarket at roughly half that price and at the same time put on 4 new tyres and got an alignment done.  No difference to how the body sits.  This garage (AutoXpress) is well equipped for tyres, alignment and fitting basic parts, but not really interested in detailed diagnosis as they need fast turnover in the bays.

I have since had a recommendation for a mechanic who works on older cars in a more basic environment, I've used him a couple of times now to seal a headlamp unit & replace the water damaged discharge lamp ballast and give it a service & inspection.  I get on with him and trust him to take more time over diagnosis rather than going straight into parts replacement, his English is decent, better than my Swahili, but technical communication is sometimes difficult.  I think he said that he would start by checking for camber angle adjustments and checking the condition of the bushes.

I can see from a search that earlier Pajeros used torsion bars that could be used to somewhat adjust sagging, but does the Mk4 have similar setup or adjustable components?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

No adjustment.

You need to take account of full tank of fuel will add weight to one side of the car as it runs along the right hand side.
If a spring has been replaced but not as a pair then the older spring maybe sagging with age.
RussInKenya

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, springs replaced as a pair, so maybe there is a some damage lurking, hopefully to a suspension arm rather than the chassis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: