Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rear side lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigalan

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 20:36    Post subject: Rear side lights Reply with quote

2005 LWB Shogun, So my rear side lights are in the bumper unlike the newer models up higher, are they fed from inside the car where I can tap into the circuit and put extra side lights in the upper cluster, and if so does anybody have an idea of what colour the wire is, I can’t find a wiring diagram.

I may disconnect the lower lights as the bulbs keep blowing and just use the indicator part.

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 20:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi the rear lights in the bumper are there due to UK law something to do with the upper lights being blocked when the rear door is open so thats why there fitted to UK models and imports don't have them. If you disconect them they may fail the MOT!
I have added the extra lights in the upper cluster as an extra and the wiring is already in place behind the cluster (mark 3 3.2 did) you just need to drill the cluster to accept the bulb fittings at the back and then wire in the lights to the plug. Mine used to have one rear fog (drivers side) and 2 reversing lights. I now have 2x fogs, 2x reverse and 2 brake/side lights with the addition of a switchback sequential indicators / reverse up  the rear piller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: