eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Engine fault after service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinnie1987

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 13:32    Post subject: Engine fault after service. Reply with quote

Morning chaps, I have a mk3 shogun 4m41 model which I’ve owned for almost a decade and apart from the usual it’s been perfect. A few weeks ago I changed the thermostat radiator water pump and pollen filter and on starting the engine I had the engine light come on. It starts and drives fine from cold but when starting the engine when warm it revs to 3200 for a few seconds and drops back to idle again. Also it is slightly down on power and won’t let me select 4wd. I’ve had it code read and the values are below, quite confusing. It’s had new speed sensors on the pump, air intake temp sensor, gauge sensor and control temp sensor. Not sure if there’s a broken wire or lost a ground somewhere?

Air temp sensor -32 degrees C
Clt temp sensor -56 degrees C
Baro pressure sensor 100.2 kpa
Boost sensor 337 kpa
Fuel temp -56 degrees C

Engine was cold when tested and ambient air was around 14 degrees C
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 13:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

DibbyDibbyDJ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a broken wire. or a disconnected plug? It appears you MAY have lost your 5v feed to the sensors.  

Have you checked your fuses?  ALL of them?
Vinnie1987

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

The glow plug temperature sensor had small bit of damage in the wiring but hadn’t broken, I cleaned and fixed that.
I did find that I had a 5v feed coming from all 3pins on the boost sensor. Not sure if that is correct?

I removed the air con rad and pipe work a few years ago which has left me with a couple disused plugs but this had never caused me issue.

Are there any plugs or wiring below the radiator that I may have damaged?

Also I do remember getting the old coolant dripping onto the alternator as I was been lazy and draining the coolant from the thermostat housing. Not sure if I could of damaged anything internally?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: