Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Timing belt and changing lifters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martinn12001

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 22:15    Post subject: Timing belt and changing lifters Reply with quote

Pajero, 1998, 3.5 V6, automatic. GDI.

I'm going to change the timing belt on my car and I am changing the hydraulic tappets. I've found out that the ticking sound is due to the original tappets having a 1mm hole in them, the new ones are re-designed to have a 3mm hole to allow the oil through properly.

I often end up needing to help my mechanic to source parts for my car as he often has difficulty finding them. To help me out, what parts will I need for this job? I have access to a the parts catalogue online. I type in the vin number of my car and all relevant parts and diagrams appear.

I usually source: partsouq.com

I've got the timing belt, rocker cover gasket and lifters. Do I need any other parts?

Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 22:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: