2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Transmission Servicing for a 2007 DI-D 3.2 lwb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutty Dyer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:13    Post subject: Transmission Servicing for a 2007 DI-D 3.2 lwb Reply with quote

Hi all,
Just put down a deposit on a 2007 DI-D 3.2 lwb with manual gbox, now looking for guidence on servicing the Super Select 4WD transmission.
Did a search of the forum but couldn't find a post covering the complete transmission service process.
Can any kind persons shed light on what a full service entails (gbox/diffs/transfer box etc) and the oil type required for each element?
All the best,
Cutty
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a manual transmission its exactly the same as any other 4X4, the complex procedure you describe is for automatics only and isn't complex really.

You need a good EP 75/90 lubricant and remove the gearbox filler first, then the drain plug to drop the oil, replace the drain plug and fill through the filler plug to level and replace.
Next is the transfer case and again you remove the filler plug and then the drain plug and drain the oil, refit the drain plug and fill the oil through the oil filler until full and refit plug.

Next is the front propshaft and you clean the front U/J and inside the yolk is a grease nipple, grease this until all the old grease comes out and it is filled with new grease.

Next the axles, remove the filler plugs followed by the drain plugs and drain the oil, refit the drain bungs and fill through the filler bungs, refit.

Why do you remove the filler bungs first? because often many people remove the drain bungs and drain the oil only to find they cannot remove the filler bungs and refill it.
assassin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, its EP 75/90 to GL5 specification and buy new GL5 as the GL 4 and older stuff breaks down the yellow metals
Cutty Dyer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:
Sorry, its EP 75/90 to GL5 specification and buy new GL5 as the GL 4 and older stuff breaks down the yellow metals

Thanks Assassin,
For my old Defender I used Smith & Allan oils, I see that they sell a fully synthetic EP 75W-90 gear oil rated API GL-4 and GL-5 5 so shouldn't effect any yellow metals in the transfer box.
I'm struggling to find info on the transfer box, but I understand that in the 4 high unlocked mode, the box acts as a viscous limited slip diff? Is there a 2nd resovoir for a LSD type oil?
Cutty
assassin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the transfer case is the lump on the side of the main gearbox and the propshafts go into it

The gearbox is straightforwards but the transfer case has its own oil and it isn't a LSD type and uses standard gearbox oil.

Your transfer case utilises something called torque vectoring and in simple terms it supplies torque to there it is needed and normally it splits the torque to 66% to the rear axle and 34% to the front axle and it adjusts this electronically as you drive and if your rear axle has limited or less traction it moves more torque to the front axle and less to the rear axle to constantly adjusts the vehicles torque requirements to each axle as they have traction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: