QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2004 shogun warrior 3dr fuel tank

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kamatari

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 17:34    Post subject: 2004 shogun warrior 3dr fuel tank Reply with quote

Hopefully posting in the right area for this!

I’m needing to replace the petrol tank on my warrior as it’s decided it doesn’t want to hold petrol any more but having a bit of trouble getting hold of one. Was wondering if anyone knows if there’s a difference between 3dr and 5dr tanks and if a 5dr tank might fit? Or if there is a tank from another vehicle that might fit instead?

Thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 17:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

radiomike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, no and no.
Kamatari

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

radiomike wrote:
Yes, no and no.

Straight to it I like it 😂

So looks like I’m trying to track down a fuel tank for a 3dr then
Kamatari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a diesel model fit if cleaned out perhaps? Seems all that’s available
radiomike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamatari wrote:

A diesel tank would physically fit but without both here at the same time I cannot remember the pipe arrangement. Best bet is to compare the part numbers.
Kamatari

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

radiomike wrote:
Kamatari wrote:

A diesel tank would physically fit but without both here at the same time I cannot remember the pipe arrangement. Best bet is to compare the part numbers.

Sure now the challenge of trying to find part numbers, my googling is terrible these days it seems 😭
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamatari wrote:

Sure now the challenge of trying to find part numbers, my googling is terrible these days it seems 😭

I always use

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/pajero-montero-4375
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just repair it as its often simpler.

Get a product called Plastic Padding Chemical Metal which comes in smaller tubes or tubs like small body filler tubs and it is used in exactly the same way as body filler but it goes off very quickly, particularly in summer.

Most fuel tanks leak around the lower bend on the offside and up the side of the offside and around the stubby fuel filler where the fuller rubber pipe connects, remove the plastic guard by removing every other fixing and replacing them with nuts and bolts through the fuel tank only as the tank and guard use the same fixings, this allows the plastic guard to drop while the tank remains in position.

Drain the fuel and filter it and store it out of the way and clean the tank fully with thinners, degreaser or similar then if you have an angle grinder for a rotary brush and brush it until it is back to bare metal and get some coarse emery or similar and scour the bottom of the tank in all directions well around the areas to be repaired and clean with thinners again so it is spotless and allow it to evaporate.

Mix a small amount of Chemical Metal and quickly apply to the leaking areas and extend it well beyond the repair and allow to cure which takes minutes in summer and sand off any areas standing up. Repeat this and apply a second coat and extend it further out than your first coat and allow this to fully cure and apply a third coat and again extend it out further then your last coat and allow to fully cure for 24 hours and sand smooth and blend the edges into your fuel tank and prime this with a good primer and paint it and the tank with a good quality paint.

Put your drain bung back after cleaning the inside of your tank and drying and refuel with your filtered fuel and prime the system.
Kamatari

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:
Just repair it as its often simpler.

Get a product called Plastic Padding Chemical Metal which comes in smaller tubes or tubs like small body filler tubs and it is used in exactly the same way as body filler but it goes off very quickly, particularly in summer.

Most fuel tanks leak around the lower bend on the offside and up the side of the offside and around the stubby fuel filler where the fuller rubber pipe connects, remove the plastic guard by removing every other fixing and replacing them with nuts and bolts through the fuel tank only as the tank and guard use the same fixings, this allows the plastic guard to drop while the tank remains in position.

Drain the fuel and filter it and store it out of the way and clean the tank fully with thinners, degreaser or similar then if you have an angle grinder for a rotary brush and brush it until it is back to bare metal and get some coarse emery or similar and scour the bottom of the tank in all directions well around the areas to be repaired and clean with thinners again so it is spotless and allow it to evaporate.

Mix a small amount of Chemical Metal and quickly apply to the leaking areas and extend it well beyond the repair and allow to cure which takes minutes in summer and sand off any areas standing up. Repeat this and apply a second coat and extend it further out than your first coat and allow this to fully cure and apply a third coat and again extend it out further then your last coat and allow to fully cure for 24 hours and sand smooth and blend the edges into your fuel tank and prime this with a good primer and paint it and the tank with a good quality paint.

Put your drain bung back after cleaning the inside of your tank and drying and refuel with your filtered fuel and prime the system.

Hey thanks for the reply and definitely a consideration for just trying to repair it although it might be a bit too far gone overall from previous owners and not having the space to do it myself

just hoping there was some more options apart from ordering from main dealer but won’t be available for a few months,
Kamatari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s the difference with a shogun pinin vs warrior? Could a fuel tank of one of them fit ? I tried looking through the site linked in an earlier post but couldn’t find mine on there 😭
Kamatari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

iam_TJ wrote:
Kamatari wrote:

I always use

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/pajero-montero-4375

Any idea how I’d find a 3dr 2004 shogun warrior gdi on that site, I’ve been through them all and nothing that seems to match overall?
radiomike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

V65W>2004>MYXCR6>1st diagram
Kamatari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

radiomike wrote:

Thank you kindly, may I ask as I don’t have a clue, where/what I should have been looking at to find that out? Nothing stands out as 3dr gdi 😅
radiomike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamatari wrote:
radiomike wrote:

Thank you kindly, may I ask as I don’t have a clue, where/what I should have been looking at to find that out? Nothing stands out as 3dr gdi 😅

From your VIN on the dash at the bottom left of the windscreen ,V65 is a mk3 swb petrol, V68 is swb diesel, V75/V78 are lwb. Mk4 are V85/V88/V95/V98.
If you look down the page for 'rocker cover' it shows the 3.5GDI engine cover.
Kamatari

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

radiomike wrote:
Kamatari wrote:
radiomike wrote:

From your VIN on the dash at the bottom left of the windscreen ,V65 is a mk3 swb petrol, V68 is swb diesel, V75/V78 are lwb. Mk4 are V85/V88/V95/V98.
If you look down the page for 'rocker cover' it shows the 3.5GDI engine cover.

Ahhh amazing thank you kindly!

Think I did ask before but a shogun pinin 1.8 mpi… will have an attempt to search but could it perhaps fit 👀👀🤞🤞
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: