Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Oil drain plugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IXI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 20:37    Post subject: Oil drain plugs Reply with quote

Hi folks

Dec/1995 Pajero 2.8TD SWB Auto

I’m a driver not a mechanic, or as some might say, I’m a lover not a fighter, so please excuse any stupid wording here.

I want to get my mechanic to change all oils and also all oil drain plugs and drain plug seals. How many such drain plugs are there, and where are they?

My guess:-
• Engine oil
• Auto gear box oil
• Hi/Lo transfer box oil
• Rear diff oil

Am I right?

Also, does anyone have part numbers for the plugs and seals?

All the best, and thankyou.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 20:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

2.25diesel

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plugs themselves can be reused. They are sealed by copper washers. These are a common item which any garage should have a pack of various sizes. The copper washers are single use and should be replaced if they plugs are removed.

The only exception is the aluminium transfer box which should have an aluminium sealing washer fitted. Copper washers should not be used in contact with aluminium as contact between the dissimilar metals can corrode the aluminium sealing surface.

Your vehicle may also be fitted with what is known as a limited slip diff. This type of diff contains a set of wet clutches which require specific oil to work correctly. The garage should be able to order this.

The front diff oil should also be replaced, but will require removing the front guard plate to access it.

It may also be worth having the power steering fluid changed.
IXI

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very helpful reply. Thankyou.
We can close this thread now.
Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: