QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mk3 06 plate Replacement Side Steps / Rockslider Conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RottingShoggy

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 19:33    Post subject: Mk3 06 plate Replacement Side Steps / Rockslider Conversion Reply with quote

Hi

I’m new here and basically losing my cool with getting some replacement side steps or converting the Shoguns rotting side step brackets into rocksliders.

Can anyone help with this? I’ve looked into getting some new brackets for the existing steps and the only place that seem to sell them is MitzyBitz who have told me that I could be waiting months for them to come back into stock. They also charge a hell of a lot of labour time to fit new brackets.

I’m open to converting to rocksliders but cannot find anything or anyone to do this locally.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Please
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 19:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not strong enough to fit rock sliders to and many people make this mistake.
RottingShoggy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Is there any alternative you know of??
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently cleaned and re-undersealed the side-steps and mounting brackets on my 2003 Elegance LWB. They were in good condition but with a lot of surface rust and plenty of dirt collected in the square-section longitudinal supports at front and rear. I cleaned those (and the chassis mounting brackets) out thoroughly with a combination of hammer (vibration loosens and 'moves' the debris) and industrial vacuum followed by pressure washing through the tubes and thorough drying followed by intensive wire-brushing, then pumped rust-converting underseal inside the tubes.

Whilst doing that I cleaned the three chassis mounting brackets and fixing points on each side and inspected them. I considered removing the steps to work on them but it wasn't necessary.

If you can remove the side steps via the brackets where they attach to the chassis then they could be used as a pattern to have replacements made up by a competent industrial metal-works.
RottingShoggy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I’ve managed to get in touch with a fabricator that will design, fabricate and fit a new step incorporating the existing lights. It’s taken ages to find someone willing to do it!! Thankfully they’re only an hour away and all for 500 quid!! Was waiting for some new complete brackets off MitzyBitz in rotherham but they said they would be in stock within the next 6 months  Shocked plus they wanted 400 quid for the full bracket. Plus 300 to fit em. No thanks. Bin burned before.

Getting them done in about 3 weeks before another 1000 mile round trip to Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I’ll put a picture on when they’re done to have a look.

Have u got any pictures of yours?? Thanks again 👍🏻
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: