Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Sat nav issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave1966

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 16:14    Post subject: Sat nav issues Reply with quote

Hi all.

Maybe someone on here can help with this sat nav issues I have. Bought a 53 plate Shogun 3.2 Elegance LWB on the 13/05/2023 and it has had this message
on the screen:- "you are approaching the border of the area covered by the current map disc. please change to appropriate map disc." It only came with
2 discs, I've tried both discs with no change.
And the remote control doesn't seem to do anything either, I even put new batteries in the remote control and still nothing happens.

Will the sat nav need updating, to clear the message?
Will the remote control need replacing?

Many thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 16:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three possibilities suggest themselves:

1. Navigation controller itself is faulty
2. GPS sensor is not providing Navigation controller with updated location but some fixed location
3. Discs are for a non-European region

Have you tried operating it without discs - if the same message appears I'd suspect #1

Is the Navigation controller the dealer-fitted unit slung under the passenger-side storage drawer on a heavy metal plate?

I ask since I removed the unit and associated wiring from my 2003 Generation 3 facelift and have it stored so I could let you have it as a replacement.

You can find my detailed tear-down of the unit including a PDF showing all the associated parts and wires at

https://iam.tj/shogun/DVDsatnav/
dave1966

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for your info & advice.

I don't know what I did but I managed to get the sat nav and remote working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: