Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

ABS Sensor Testing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phaeton

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 19:27    Post subject: ABS Sensor Testing Reply with quote

ABS light has come on, found that the NSF ABS sensor wire had been rubbing on the rubber CV boot & had worn through the wires, soldered them back (temp repair) together but the ABS light is still on. I testes the sensor with a multimeter like I have done with other vehicles but got nn open circuit which I haven't with other cars. Then I also tested the OSF & that was also open circuit, could be I have.2 faulty sensors or these are different, anyone know?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 19:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't mention which exact model/year it is, but I had to replace a sensor and did some extensive diagnosis that you may find helpful (2003 LWB 3.5 GDi):

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1474458&highlight=abs#1474458
Phaeton

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it's s 2003 LWB 3.2, I'll read through your post thanks,
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a pulse generator and to work it has to pass over toothed sections and often these are the problem.

Look at the segments and ensure they are not excessively corroded or filled with dirt and if they are then clean them to ensure you have peaks and troughs as to generate a pulse they need the peaks to pass over them.

Ensure your sensor is correctly located as they need to be a specific distance away to work.

Check the wiring as usually the multi plug connectors become corroded and this affects the sensors ability to send the signal to the ECU.
Phaeton

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to see topis left with no response back from the OP, I tested the sensors again & got readings, on the 2K scale of around 1.3, but took the plunge & bought 2 new front ones, it was £18 for 1 or £26 for 2. Changed the NSF & all is now working as it should, test light goes off & stays off, so happy days, thanks for the help guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: