Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rear heated window

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fredy

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:28    Post subject: Rear heated window Reply with quote

Hi, wonder if anyone has any info on this, this week i have noticed that my rear windscreen heater is not fully clearing the window of ice, i have two lines clear bang on in the middle, its a 2005 3.2 LWB, never had an issue before just this week, i did have a look this morning, could not see any breaks in the copper, the terminals are connected and in situ, there is power going there but not clearing all the screen, anyone have any ideas, thanks for reading, much appreciated
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screen heaters are electrical resistors that heat up as current passes. If there is a less reistant path for the current the electricity will take that. Is there excessive humidity that could create an effective short-circuit from one side to the other? The copper conductor is usually encased in a non-conductive coating but if that coating has been scratched that would allow a short circuit due to humidty to operate.

If the truck stands for a few days without running humidity is very likely to form inside. I tend to put a fan heater inside on low (1kW) for an hour or so every few days in that case to keep it dry.
Gizandhp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 19:28    Post subject: Rear demister Reply with quote

I found a couple of breaks in the grid lines on my Shogun using a light pen continuity tester and repaired with EASTUP Defogger repair kit (from Amazon). It is a bit visible so not ideal, but my breaks were near the edge of the screen. Not sure if it was coincidence but a few months later my rear screen shattered so had to have it replaced.
Fredy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for reply, work commitments, thanks for tge reply, i checked the copper strips, had to put my Mr Magoo glasses on , i could not see any breaks, the end connectors seem intact, heated mirrors work fine, a strange question but could the relay be faulty and only let a bit of a current through, so i get only two lines defogging, abit strange question i know , its beginning to annoy me when it fogs up and in the mornings, im off next week so might get a new relay, thanks for the help, if anyone has any other ideas, greatly appreciated
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it had a faulty relay or fuse none of it would clear, you need to identify the break and relair it with conductive paint.
Fredy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, i will try and find the break much appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: