Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Hi All

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ralphy_roo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 18:10    Post subject: Hi All Reply with quote

Just thought I should say Hi.
Have just bought my 1st challenger and am enjoying it immensly........apart from it being so thirsty!! Does anybody know if/where I can get any manuals for the engine or something similiar to a Haynes manual?? Have tried Haynes online and they dont appear to have one Confused I've got myself one of them Fuel Saver gadgets to try out and apparently I've to fit it "on the inbound fuel line as close to carburettor or injectors as possible". Any advice would be greatly appreciated Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 18:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Adrian Ryles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 21:57    Post subject: thirsty Reply with quote

hi ralphy
what do you meen by thirsty mine does abot 22 mpg towing @ 70 which i think is good , however nice motors arnt yhey

adrian
ralphy_roo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adrian,

I haven't had it that long but OH yes, it is a lovely motor. By thirsty, I suppose I'm just used to the way cars run. I had a 2.5 V6 Omega before and the fuel economy dropped to about 17mpg before I realised I needed both cats replacing...ouch Embarassed ! I think I just expected a tank of diesel to last a bit longer. Although I have yet to work out what the actual mpg is. I reckon I'm getting about 550 to 600 Km to a tank.

Is yours an import also or a British model?

Ralph
Adrian Ryles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:32    Post subject: mpg Reply with quote

hi ralph
i dont think im getting that many from a tank but who cares if i can get from the midlands to the south coast towing a caravan and not have to fill up on the way and have enough power to make it an easy drive then im happy.mine is definatly an import ,im the first owner in this country and got a mere 36,000 miles on the clock ,it had one owner in japan who did slightly more miles per anum than myself ie lessthan 5000 per year so i dont think ill ever wear it out. p.s. if you know any one with a rof spoiler for sale let me know!
adrian
ralphy_roo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine had around 53,000 miles when I got it. Like yours, it does not have a roof spoiler but I'll let you know if I find anyone selling one. I did notice that you can get them from the Shogun Sport accessories catalogue available in Mitsubishi dealers, but I've no idea on cost.
Ralph
Adrian Ryles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 15:38    Post subject: challenger spoiler Reply with quote

ralph are you sitting down ? whe i price one it was 550 and that was pounds! in money not weight!
ralphy_roo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 17:32    Post subject: Challenger roof spoiler Reply with quote

Shocked What!!!?Shocked

After some searching, I have found one at 4x4 accessories and tyres. It is priced at £89 and is supplied in "primed finish, requiring colour coding, available with or without high level brake light". Check out the link below
Wink
http://www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com/product_pages/roof_spoilers.html

cheers
Ralph
Adrian Ryles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 21:16    Post subject: spoiler Reply with quote

as my works office is about 1 mile from tis pace guess where i will be calling into when i pass- wonder if they look like the factory job? will let you know
Adrian Razz
robbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I would add ot the conversation, My Sport (as they are now called) is great too, been off roading a few times and some green laning
http://mudpics.serveftp.net and look at the Yorkshire Dales Links
great fun Smile

With regard to the fuel, I get around 375 to 400 miles per tank as a 2.5 diesel, so I guess the 500 or so Km is not bad. My only thing I dont like is that I cant get my left foot under the clutch peddle and rest my leg on long journeys...... not a big thing but does matter when I spend m,ost of my life on the motorway.... Happy Mudding Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: