2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Newbie Questions........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kieron1066

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 23:32    Post subject: Newbie Questions........ Reply with quote

I have now owned my Paj for just over a day and a half!!!!!!
How do i get the radio to tune in to anything past Radio 2??
I need radio 1!!!!!

cheers

kieron
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 23:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

kieron1066

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, and i get an air leak type of noise when i accelerate.
I have been told this is something to do with an outlet valve on the turbo getting rid of the *beep* inside because it has been standing for a while???

kieron
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieron ...

in the forums, click the <search> button at the top of the screen - type in the word expander in the top search field and see what you get.

You need a 'band expander' - should cost around a tenner.

Simon.
kieron1066

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, gotta get one coz terry wogan i cannot stand
lol
oldbill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 23:44    Post subject: Radio Question Reply with quote

Hi there and welcome,

You need to buy what they call an "expander" to enable the radio to be tuned in to more stations as the bandwidth is very limited in Japan. I'm surprised that this wasn't sorted out by the dealer who supplied it. I think most of us owners have thrown out the original stereo and fitted an after market one.
Expanders are readily available but here is an address of a supplier I know www.protech-uk.co.uk
Good hunting

Clive Very Happy

PS Can't help you with the other problem
Master

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a minor correction - the bandwidth in Japan is not limited, it's shifted.
We use 88-108Mhz for FM radio broadcasting, whereas in Japan they use 76-90Mhz (so, a quick bit of arithmetic would show that they use frequencies 18Mhz below the ones we do).
Which is also the reason why, when you have the band shifter fitted, you'll be tuning in to Radio 1 on 90.8Mhz and not 98.8Mhz.
Of course, if you want to see Radio 1 with its correct frequency, you'll have to buy a UK radio. (in which case, can I have the old one - especially if it has the screen Rolling Eyes )

As an aside (and for completeness), the 90-108 Mhz area is used by 3 TV channels in Japan which is why you would tend have 1ch, 2ch and 3ch as tuneable frequencies also. You'll not have to worry about these after 24th July 2011 as the TV broadcasting using these frequencies is due to be terminated.

I hope this has helped and not muddied the water at all...
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mark23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate you might find that the air leak noise is the turbo working, you can usually hear a bit of a whistleing coming from under the bonnet, If it accelerates ok it should be fine. If i was you id just have a look under the bonnet and check that there is an air filter in the air box, that all the boost pipes are ok with no little splits or cracks in them and also id check the pipe work from the airbox to the turbo and make sure everything is connected and fastened together. Also there should be no *beep* at all in the turbo no matter how long its been stood. If you find a problem then take it back (if you bought it from a dealer) and get them to fix it .

Hope this helps

Mark
kieron1066

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 21:15    Post subject: fm shifter Reply with quote

so therefore, with the fm expander, i will only be able to get 75% of the fm bandwidth.
if we use 88-108, and they only use 76-90, then there are 5mhz missing.
are these obtainable too, and if so, how?
kasandrich

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kierron,

Firstly welcome.

If the band expanders were good, why do you think most of us have changed them for a UK one. Confused

Do yourself a favour, save your tenner or whatever it is the expanders cost and buy a UK radio, I bought a well known brand CD/Radio off the web for about £100. Rolling Eyes

I have my old expander which you could have if you are local, but you have not entered your location in your profile, please enter location as it helps with such requests, if you had a problem, and someone was just up the road they may offer to come and help.

Tony,

What on earth do you wwant a Jap radio for, mine is available if you want it full working order.

Richard
Master

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, unfortunately I have this affliction that makes me hoard useless junk on the premise that it may one day be useful (much to the ire of the other half). Sad
If something breaks, I have the technology to rebuild it. All I need are the spares. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kasandrich

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry,
Someone sent me an email, with subject frequency expander but I inadvertantly deleted it without reading, with no means of recovery.

Please resend.

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: