QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

bike question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Other vehicles technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:46    Post subject: bike question Reply with quote

Ok so heres the question I'm not sure if anybody here can help but I've asked on other sites with no luck so now to bother the good people here. I have an Yamaha FZR 400 grey import (3EN1 model infact I have several bikes but I don't bu**er around with them like this one Shocked ) I have shoe horned in a FZR600 engine (It fits but don't let anybody tell you it's easy) This is quite a popular mod and I'm happy with the results (carb kit fitted and individual filters sounds lovley Very Happy ) The idea is this the bike is going to be used for track days so I have reduced the gearing via the sprockets and fitted uprated brake hoses and pads. Now I want to sort the suspension, as this is a import the rear shock is set up for some one who weighs 10 stone so when I rest my ample 13 stone 8 ib frame on it it goes all soggy (no surprise) so want to replace the rear shock and spring with something a bit good. Now I know I can spend a fortune on something like an OHLINS or WP but they do cost about 500 quid so if anybody out there has done this mod let us know your secrets I don't fancy pogoing down the track on my bum (even though it's big enough to soak up the bumps) For all you none bike people I apologise for my ramberlings and will now return to my train spotting duties Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PeteMillis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doz, I had a shock for an enduro bike rebuilt by MH Racing. Before rebuilding he asked how much I weighed and how aggressive I was as a rider, so he could set it up to suit. It cost just over £100 to be done. It was a WP shock but he should be able to do the standard stuff as well.
If you're interested I'll dig out his address. He's in Wilts somewhere.
Pete
cargrabber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxton do a rebuild service, if your rear can be rebuilt they can re-spring & re-valve it & can also do your front end. Transforms the bike, or at least thats what my mate says & he races Laughing
Doz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the replys.This little project is becoming a bit of a headache (not to mention a finacial strain on the old piggy bank) Pete can you look out the numberfor me ta vary much.
Gadget

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try Hagon's at Fowler rd industrial estate, Hainault, Essex
they are a shock/ suspension manufacturer and are quite reasonable.
HTH
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doz, MH Racing's website
http://www.mhracing.co.uk/
Really quick turnaround time as well. I had mine sent off, rebuilt and returned within 5 days.
Highly recommended.
Doz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Pete Spoke to the guys and they were very helpful. Looks like I'm gonna have to raid the bank again. Ohlins no longer list one, my orginal unit is not repairable so that leaves a WP item.......hmmmm sounds nice but it's a lot. I will have to do some soul searching Crying or Very sad
Doz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-TECH to the rescue! Contacted these boys the other day and gavering dust in the back of the workshop was a unused Technoflex shock and spring. This is a fab bit of kit with more adjustment than you can shake a stick at. So monie changed hands and it now sits in the back of the wee bike. What a difference feels lovley. So now to move on to the front forks. Looks like I will have too ditch the orginals and fined a set of thunder cat items. Laughing Laughing
Loz..c

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a link for Maxton

http://www.esling.btinternet.co.uk/maxton/

I have a maxton rear shock on the Blade, and have been impressed by it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Other vehicles technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: