Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Bio Diesel - Mad Ken and the Gulf war

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEANO3528

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell you what gets up my nose, and that's the fiddle red-ken is running with LPG motors.
Only approved lpg powered vehicles are exempt the charge, and LR aren't one of them. I assume Mitsys are in the same boat as they have to be converted.
Good excuse not to go anywhere near the poxy hole!
I would personally position a ring of D9 hi-drives around the M25, pointing towards central london. Drop a flag and don't let 'em stop until they meet at the Thames.
"Welcome to Mount Londinium, highest point in the South East" Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 21:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

allan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Pauls post, I contacted Saisburys about their bio diesel. Apparently they only sell it at one store, Greenwich in Deano`s favourite city Wink

They have no plans to sell it anywhere else as its on trial there. I would suggest everone goes to fill up there. What about a day out to Greenwich Sainsburies. Add a bit to Kens congestion.

Another case of " London comes first"
I would have thought that somewhere more rural, where diesel is a more common fuel would have been better to carry out a trial. Unless of course, local taxi drivers have one of their own on the board at Sainsburys Greenwich shop?

allan
Paul Mayer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 14:22    Post subject: Global Diesel Reply with quote

Just to clear up pionts raised so far. No, the 5% biodiesel doesn't smell any differently to the normal stuff (unfortunatly!). Apparently, the motor companies won't honour thier warrenties if more than 5% biodiesel is used. I'm sure this is just a precautionary measure after the fiasco caused by the Ultra Low Sulpher diesel a few years back.
As priviously stated its only available at the Greenwich branch of Sainsbury's which although isn't my nearest, isn't too far out of the way and benifits seem to be worth a visit if it can be incorperated into another trip. I had to use "regular" diesel at the weekend and the difference was quite obvious. The car felt quite flat! Filling up at Greenwich last night the car felt like a (slow) rocket. I had three people on board plus some luggage and a weeks shopping and of course a full tank and it felt quicker than driving solo on mineral diesel. I have only done one tank to tank calculation which was rather inconclusive (18.5mpg instead of 17.0 around town, London of course!) but maybe I've been enjoying the new performance a bit too much!
Lets just hope that the "experiment" is a succes and is introduced nationwide. As if all of the above isn'e enough, there's a minimum 5% reduction in CO2 emitions when using this stuff.

Paul
cce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it would be good to see you all at Greenwich Sainsburys, maybe its not such a bad place to trial the bio as this part of South East London is full od Pajeros. I use their Bio and to be honest can't tell it apart from the normal stuff. It just makes me feel better that I'm doing my very little bit for the planet......

By the way Uncle Ken's charging zone doesn't apply to Greenwich, which is why we probably have so much traffic.......................................
Mark_m8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that Paul see's an improvement and CCE doesn't I wonder if the engines ar set up a little differently.

As for mad Ken and his discrimination policy this may be because of the problems identifying which vehicles are and are not converted.

If they had to do manual checks I'm sure this would cost more than the charge is generating. Unfair and discriminatory but until someone in London is willing to mount a legal challenge it appears he can do what he wants Evil or Very Mad

I now hear that there a plans for charging schemes in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Newcastle and Leeds as well as schemes for the M1, M4, A2 and the M6.

I'm sure this is just the start Evil or Very Mad

Not only do we now pay for road tax and petrol tax and VAT but it looks like we will also be paying tolls everywhere.

It's all just to depressing.

I hope the Sainsburys trial get extended. The 5% thing seems more UK car industry *beep* as most French garages already stock biodiesel.

Still we'll just have to wait and see.

Mark_m8
stumpey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems all is not well with red kens charging as the cameras are not seeing the numbers correctly and are making them up.They seem to be billing people that live hundreds of miles away and have never been to London so plenty of charges being thrown back "never been to London".

May be there will be another campaign with the orange spray paint like there has been with the speed cameras even though the cameras are up on the top of tall poles.
I for one are getting pi**ed off with the government taking money from me at the drop of a hat. As we already pay 22% tax 11% nat insurance and then 17.5% vat thats 50% my hard earned going to the tax man I am sure some people here pay more tax even worse.

I'll get off my orange box and go home now, but in my PAJ and not the poxy bus!!

Steve
NewRSoul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 19:25    Post subject: LCC Reply with quote

Not that I have any affiliation to the company that has developed, installed and commissioned the camera system, there does'nt seem to be a problem with the reg snapping, more the database of registered owners at the DVLA!
stumpey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure if I stopped paying my road tax the DVLA database would be correct the reminders always manage to find there way through my letterbox Sad

No soap box this time

Steve
Mark_m8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

I agree! most cars are taxed and the DVLA seems to be on top of things.

has anyone heard of a new sticker scheme for MOT's some garages are now putting blue stickers in windscreens to show a car is MOT'd.

Have I missed this is it a new thing??

Mark_m8
stumpey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Paj was MOT'd last week but no blue sticker in the windscreen.

Steve
Brian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wife had her Primera MOT'd last week and likewise, a blue sticker with the date of expiry appeared on the windscreen. Apparently the local garage are putting these on all MOT's they do.
allan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to Mad Kens Congestion Charging here, first of all, it doesnt affect me, I probably wouldnt be writing the next bit if it did!, but, I went to London a week after the congestion charges started, ( on the train) and as a pedestrian, it was wonderfull to walk around the capital without dodging cars and inhaling lungsfull of CO.
Personally ( again, because it doesnt affect me as a motorist) I think it is a damn good idea. What did all these cars do in London then that they are not doing now?

Ok, so its probably a bit of overkill, but still, I think we all have to concede that this is going to happen in other major cities.

The only problem is, there there are very few alternatives to driving in the city, perhaps we will see a few initiatives started now to take advantage of all those prospective customers out there.

Another opportunity for British Business to unmercifully fleece the British Public, yet again?

allan
Mark_m8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

'' I think it is a damn good idea. What did all these cars do in London then that they are not doing now? "

Twisted Evil Yes and traffic cameras are great Evil or Very Mad

But traffic in london has only been reduced by about 10% Rolling Eyes

more to do with ken bu@@ering about with the trafic lights methinks Evil or Very Mad

Remember that this now costs a surchage for all deliveries into London.

As usual with the great British foresight these things are all great until they effect you Rolling Eyes

Lets see if everyone is so happy when they have paid their 3rd toll of the day just to visit a couple of places and drive 5 miles along a motorway.

Mark_m8
Mark_m8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed more and more of these blue MOT stickers.

Has anyone any experience of them??

Mark_m8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: