Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Radio Cassette Wiring Harness Details

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon_Doc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 18:52    Post subject: Radio Cassette Wiring Harness Details Reply with quote

Today I finally got around to changind the tape deck for an in dash DVD / MP3 / CD player. I thought I'd post the cable connection details as I have seen requests for this before.

You will notice that the front left speaker - has 2 connections. This is correct. they are linked out, possibly for a "poverty model" radio with only one speaker so that only one plug has to be connected to the back of the radio.
The lower middle connection on the smaller plug I have assumed to be for an electric aerial. I don't have one on my Paj and the original radio did not output a 12v signal on switch on, However because it's the only connection not accounted for and the only one left..... But please, check it!!

Please Note: The drawing above is correct for my 1992 Paj that came with the single DIN sized "Computer Controlled" (Whoopeee Doo!) 4 speaker radio cassette. Anything else, you mileage may vary, so again, please check before diving in. The last thing I want is a fried wiring harness and an angry forum member!
When you do check, if you find a different config, why not post it in this thread.
Regards,
Simon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 18:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simon_Doc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

... As an afterthought... You will also notice there is no Negative (Ground) mentioned. This is correct as well. Most Japanese cars earth through the radio chassis via the body and radio aerial. I did however ground the negative on my new deck via the wire to a convenient screw close by as well as the chassis mounting.
Regards,
Simon
racoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the effort here Simon.....A lot of the lads will be thankfull.
racoon.
big tam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers simon great help
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
bigstar

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we have some pictures taken after the modification ?? Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers
rugrat2
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good effort M8........... Very Happy
mikeswb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent, very usefull mate. im going to be speed fitting a stereo next week into mine and didnt have time to be playing around testing which speaker is which, top effort Very Happy
Lez325

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

i HAVE AN L REG 2.8  swb WOULD THIS DIAGRAM SUIT MY VEHICLE - AS THE PREVIOUS OWNER BODGED THE JOB AND THE SPEAKERS AND FADE ETC ARE ALL WRONG

LES  Laughing  Laughing

oops cap locks on - sorry  Crying or Very sad
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest using THIS <<--- Click on Link thread, then using the wire colours and their title to cross match against an ISO connector diagram (which I presume your current radio is using). Wink The ISO wiring info is shown on THIS <<--- Click on Link site
Lez325

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan- looks a little confusing to me  the previous owner installed a JVC Radio CD and totally messed up - perhaps I'll call in an Auto Electrician - can you recommend one around Taunton area??

Thanks Buddy

Les  Laughing
leejay2005

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:39    Post subject: ref radio Reply with quote

top bananna thank you for this you have jus solved my problem .. many thanks for putting this on . as a newbie you have made me one very happy pajero owner.
MAT.A.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a find!!    the diagram matched the connector blocks I have, and enabled me to conenct the new radio tonight without any problems (other than the DIN cage wont fit the bodged encloser that the last owner used to fit a non standard radio, so some metal bashing to get it to fit)

Anyway at least I can listen to some music now (after a year of no music).  May even have a go at fixing the electric antenna!)

Thanks again..

Mat
hobbsstp5

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 18:15    Post subject: radio wiring Reply with quote

can you tell me the colours of all the wires because the original plugs are not there
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried clicking the link on brownie's post...there are coloured wires with numbers on there telling you what each wire is!!!! Confused
meza

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can confirm that the middle wire on the small plug is for the ariel...and thanks as that has sorted out my blowing fuse when my ignition was turned off...another success for POCUK... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: