Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Microscan Alarm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 21:56    Post subject: Microscan Alarm Reply with quote

I am thinking of fitting a Microscan 211 alarm to my Paj. Has anyone fitted this model of alarm themselves?
The 'blurb' says it is only suitable for a 'low neg' system whatever that is !
Also I need a lock motor for the drivers door, is it a 2 wire I nned?
Any help appreciated. Very Happy Question Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 21:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Jazzy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Neil

Are you fitting the alarm for insurance purposes ?

Just had to get alarm/immobiliser fitted for my insurance, and the company would only accept the certificate for Thatcham type alarm/ immobiliser if installed by a professional Exclamation Sad

My understanding is that the minimum type of immobiliser has to be a Thatcham Cat 2, about £90. Or like I have just done, spend £300 for an all singing all dancing alarm and immobiliser with remote central locking Exclamation Supplied and fitted. Very Happy

I did tell the wife a Rottweiller was cheaper, wouldn't need to buy a kennel, leave him in the Paj, only feed it once or twice a week! Imagine what sort of mood he'd be in if some toe-rag broke in Twisted Evil But then I don't think we would get to drive it much either Wink

Regards

Jazzy
NewRSoul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Low negative refering to the central locking mech? If so then it's what you want, if you need a new door motor/switch for the drivers door then get a 5 wire one from Maplin's less than 10 quid, a 2 wire is just a door motor, a 5 wire is a motor with switching, the one in the drivers door if not a complete unit will be a 3 wire i.e. just switching.

If your fitting this yourself then drop me an email and I'll let you have the wiring spec, I fitted my Cat1 alarm last weekend and made lots of notes on the Mk2 PJ, wire colours and locations for connection to indicators, central door locking, power etc.

HTH
neil sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter

The alarm I am thinking of fitting is a Microscan AN 211 or 212 and the blurb says 'please note that the AN 200 series can only be connected to a low neg central locking system without the use of an additional central locking interface, also an additional c/l motor and c/l interface may be required if the c/l can be activated from the drivers door only'
My Paj has c/l which only works from the drivers door so I guess it hasn't got a motor on it, only a switch. Clearly I need another motor but what about the interface?
The shop, Motor World, haven't got a clue but have recommended a 'fitter' who will charge £100 to fit, plus the cost of any other parts needed, which I think is a bit over the top!
Thanks for the offer of wiring info, I will e-mail you for details.

Neil
FURO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:55    Post subject: Alarm Reply with quote

Hi Just had a Toad Ai606 Thatcham 1 with 2 point immobilser. The chap charged £250 fully fitted, with remote central locking and I can switch the headlights on for 45secs when walking away or to the Paj in the dark. (nice feature)
NewRSoul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's like most alarms there about a 2 hour job. Follow the wiring colour from a chart and your away, if your confident enough then I'd tackle it.

The only real way to tell on the door motor is to take off the door card and have a look, it will either have 2, 3 or five wires, if you need to replace it then just connect to the old 3 wires to the switch bit and run another 2 to the door lock relay under the dash.

Any help you need drop me an email.
Billy Vincent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't most Thacham '1' alarms have all black wires - to make detection harder. I find it a bit of a mystery how even the fitters manage to repair them!!
NewRSoul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine did, I just worked it out for myself. The Microscan he's looking at isn't thatcham rated though.
cyberstace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 20:31    Post subject: Micro Scan Reply with quote

I bought a microscan alarm for my Pajero AN214P (P is for a pager unit)
I did pay for a VSI approved fitter, I wish I just done it myself. I had to get them back out to tidy the wiring, total mess.

The alarm is not Thatcham approved, however, Liverpool Victoria were not at all concerned about any alarm when quoting insurance and were the cheapest. Only £288 Fully/comp with protected no claims bonus.

The alarm will work on Pajero's, just needs a driver door motor and a relay, which you can buy online. Took that so called pro fitter all day to do the job, it is a simple alarm to fit.

Just one point about the Microscan alarm's I really don't like.
The Key fob buttons are very easy to press by accident, many time I have unlocked and turned off the alarm just putting the keys on a table. Be aware!!!
Billy Vincent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody ever had an alarm mal-function - and leave them in the brown stuff?
I have this irrational fear of being permantly immobalised - and nobody being able to get me going - then i wake up in a cold sweat!!! Embarassed
NewRSoul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy,

No and Yes

No i've never had one go, but, yes it worries me also, that's why I try to fit my own if I can, then only I know where those pesky wires are!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: