QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Main Street Motors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hopeless

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 22:02    Post subject: Main Street Motors Reply with quote

Hi everybody.. I've just joined the club because I am about to buy a Pajero. BUT I have just read a post from Richard,

quote- "Lets name and shame, this is factual information, I bought a Pajero from Main Street Motors, of Romford, the Immobiliser hadn't been fitted when I picked it up, (as it should have been), the Overdrive never worked, and when I returned it for correction it took nearly 4 weeks to fix. Did they offer me a replacement car ...NO, did they fix it in a timely manner ...NO, Did I have to keep chasing them..YES, would I buy from them again ...NO

Richard" (sorry I don't know how to link to another post).

Does anybody else have any experience of Main Street Motors ... good or bad.

This is the place where I was thinking of getting the Pajero from.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 22:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

kasandrich

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopeless,

In all fairness to them it was 18months to 2 years ago I bought from them, and they may have improved, but in my experience once a leopard has spots..........

PM me if you want more information offline. (simply click on the pm button at the bottom of that or any other entry I have posted)

Richard
SMOKEYRAT

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 23:49    Post subject: Main Street Motors Reply with quote

Greetings all,
I looked at Main Street Motors and found that when I was looking fro a Pajero they were a bit over priced and not particularlly well detailed.
I ended up buying from KC cars at Goodmayes. In my instance they gave a good deal which included 6 months road fund licence, a years warranty they sorted out the radio by replacing it with a brand new one which was a cd put in the privacy glass and sorted out a couple of small electrical problems, replaced a tyre because i said it was a bit low and supplied a spare wheel cover. So far I am happy with them, but I've only had the car since January Very Happy

Smokeyrat
kasandrich

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an example of the service I got from Mainstreet Motors, when I veiwed my Pajero it had a spare wheel cover, when I arrived to collect it it had gone Exclamation

I have scuffed bumper end caps, at first I was told "they would be resprayed", this was degraded after payment of deposit, (but like a fool not getting it fully documented) to "well no, not exactly resprayed but they'll be touched up", to when I arrived to collect it they had not been touched Exclamation

Paperwork promised (copies of deregistration and Blah Blah) never materialised, and when I collected it the guv'nor wasn't there, the "mechanic" was left a note about handing over my car....most unproffesional. Exclamation

As previously stated, I paid £100 extra for an Immobiliser, when I collected the car it wasn't there, the "mechanic" phoned the Immobiliser fitter at home and begged him to do it, I was handed the keys with a map of how to get to the Immobiliser fitters house where it would be done for me, when I spoke to the Immobiliser fitter about his relucyance he said he didn't like doing jobs like that for Mainstreet he usually insisted on cash up front, as he had difficulty in getting his money out of them.

They were great whilst they were selling, It was once my deposit was paid and the "SOLD" sticker went on that things changed.......Mainstreet if you are monitoring, it is never too late to make amends if you think your customer service is improved, please free to contact me. An invitation over for a chat and a coffee, a courtesy car while you respray my bumper end caps and a "mainstreet" spare wheel cover could change my opinion.

Richard
Dean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
I had a look at this dealer, all the extras that come with the pejero including the spare wheel covers they keep, and sell seperately the cars i viewed were in poor condition awaiting preperation probably grade 3 - 3.5
Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: