Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Maliks Motors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Parts suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate Maliks Motors
Superb - you really couldn't do better!
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Very good
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Average
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Below par
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Never again!
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 15:39    Post subject: Maliks Motors Reply with quote

Please provide an honest assesment of your overall impression of this dealer. You should only respond if you have specifically dealt with this company. Your feedback will help existing members and potential buyers when deciding where to purchase parts for their Pajero.

Click here to link to their website
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 15:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

BmwTechnician

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 20:44    Post subject: No Probs here.. Reply with quote

Nice chap..

Told them what bits I need
1 Rocker shaft
1 Rocker (Inlet)
2 Bolts to hold the Rocker shaft to the Cam caps.
Camshaft caps: The first one (Big), No 3, and the last one at the end No 5.
1 Cam belt
1 Balancer shaft belt
Got the quote of £145 including plus P&P £9.50

Ordered at 4pm Friday

Arrived 10.20 Saturday 8)
Second hand parts where spotless clean.

Nice one, Mohammed Very Happy

best regards

BmwTechnician (Mike)
Nick_Acton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 19:36    Post subject: not sure... Reply with quote

Nice guys but they seem to reply to every request on find-a-part.com and then only really decide whether or not they have it when you call up. Slightly annoying!
mo911

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 23:47    Post subject: maliksmotors Reply with quote

when requests are replied to, they are done so on the basis that the item is in stock, however some customers decide they still want to shop around for a cheaper price. Some decide to return only to find out its sold. hope this answers your dilemma nick.
DanielMcCarthy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:34    Post subject: Maliks Motors Reply with quote

Phoned these guys to sort out an aircon compressor problem with a re-engined 92 Pajero (there was no comp on the replacement engine...)

Absolutely brilliant - Mohammed couldn't have been more helpful. All the parts I needed were sent first class, and sound advice was freely given.

Highly recommended!
cliney

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 20:01    Post subject: maliks motors Reply with quote

maliks motors sold me various front end pajero parts. top bloke to deal with as i had no idea what i was talking about Embarassed i managed to make an awful looking vandalised pajero into a gem with maliks help.next day delivery.honest about parts conditions over the phone.will use maliks again no hesitation
cliney
Lee337

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only had contact with them twice through a Parts Finder web site.

Both times they said they had the parts and gave a competitive price & both times the parts had mysteriously disappeared when I phoned the following day to order them.

I accept this may not be the norm but sorry, in my opinion there's more reliable businesses out there.
KEVINBUK

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoted me a competative price for an exchange item and was flexible about the exchange return, later told me they didnt need the exchange item and refunded the amount quoted. part arrived on time and was a good part.
later gave technical assistance and further refunded 10% when I said I was a POCUK member.

cant complain at that and will have no hesitation to use them again. Recommended... Wink
NigelT

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only comment on my personal impression of this company .

In response to an Emailed question about why I was being charged £125 for a part which was advertised on their website for £60 , this was their response.

"Theres no mistake on the price, and any more questions is costing me time, the price might just go up if i have to answer more questions"

Maliks suggested that it would be better to collect the part in person , instead of sending it by courier , so, bearing in mind that I was prepared to do a 410 mile round trip to collect this part , I asked if they could take a photo of the item so that I could check if it was ok before going all the way to Blackburn from South Wales . I also sent a photo of my damaged door , so the colour match could be checked.

This was the reply

"If i thought it wasnt suitable id just say we havent got one, as regards the photo, youve already sent me one so its pointless in me sending you one, dont you think?"

I did drive to Maliks Motors to pick up the item , but my expectancy of actually obtaining the part was very low.

When I arrived , the part was still attached to the donor vehicle , and had to be removed . In return , Maliks expected me to remove the part from my car , to put back on their scrapped one. This was a little bit difficult when the part in question was the Passenger door.

I have to say , however , that the young lad ( Mohammed) who I met there was very helpful and courteous . Its a shame that his boss was not so helpful.

My overall impression ?

A useful resource spoiled by very poor customer service.

Would I use them again ?

Unlikely

However , the door was a good one , so a successful outcome was achieved in the end.
mo911

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 23:29    Post subject: maliksmotors Reply with quote

The above comments on maliksmotors have been given out of context for no reason that we can explain, this chap has been messed about by other suppliers, in the end he travelled 400 miles and got what he was looking for from us, we were as helpfull as we could be, he tried obvious tactics to try and knock the price, he even tried to make multiple enquiries in order to make a difference on prices, and now even though he is quite happy with what he has purchased he decides to make pathetic comments, and pick a couple of lines out of emails, the full picture is as follows;

Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent bybtopenworld.com. Learn more
Subject: Door For Mk1 Pajero - last email - honestly ! !
To: "mohammed rafique" <maliksmotors@yahoo.co.uk>

Ha Ha , you made me laugh , I would sell you my drivers door for £60 but it would be a bit windy on the way back , and I promise, no more questions .

Ok , so £125 it is then . I will look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning. Not sure what time , depends on the traffic.

If you need to get in touch , ring me on my mobile ***********

*Number modified by Brownie!*

Best Regards

Nigel

mohammed rafique <maliksmotors@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Nigel

Will you sell me your drivers side door for £60.00?

Theres no mistake on the price, and any more questions is costing me time, the price might just go up if i have to answer more questions.

Thankyou
Kind regards
Mohammed

NIGEL ****** <******@btopenworld.com> wrote:
Hi Mohammed,

That's great , although looking at your web site you quote the price for Mk1 doors as £60 .

Have you made a mistake in asking for £125 ? If you will come down on the price , I will drive up tomorrow and pick up the door.

Are you open all day ?

Best Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel

1. yes we are open on saturday

2. it looks like from the photos the door is a match. 99% certainty.

3.We can swap doors for you if you like which will save opening up everything.

4.The door is in good usable condition.

5.Yes it is a mk1 pajero.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou
Kind regards
Mohammed

NIGEL ****** <*******@btopenworld.com> wrote:
Hi Mohammed,

I hope you will understand my concerns , it is a 400 mile round trip to Blackburn , and I want to make sure the door is exactly what I require.

I am sure you are a reputable person based upon the reviews from the Pajero Owners Club , but please bear in mind that I do not know you personally , and I have been let down recently by driving 300 miles , only to find that the door was only fit for the scrap heap !

If you would be so kind to answer these questions , I will drive up to you to pick up the door.

1. Are you open on Saturday ?
2. Is the door an exact colour match to the photo I sent you , ie brown and gold.
3. Could you please cIarify what you mean by a door skin - is the door in a condition where I can bolt it straight on to my car and transfer over the parts from my existing door ?
4. Is the door in good condition ? Are there any defects or rust ? if so , please let me know .
5 Is the door from a Mk 1 pajero , as per the photo I sent to you ?

If you can answer these questions , I have the cash waiting , and I will be please to do business with you.

If not , I will take my money elsewhere.

Best Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel

If i thought it wasnt suitable id just say we havent got one, as regards the photo, youve already sent me one so its pointless in me sending you one, dont you think?

Have a drive over mate youll be allright.

Thankyou
Mohammed

Tank you Mohammed,

Yes , I did ask the same question for your web site , I expect your reply may have been deleted by my anti-spam software.

Good news about the door . Can you send me a photo of the door , I would hate to drive all the way to you , only to find that the door is not suitable .

When you say a "door skin" , I take it that you mean the complete door without the interior furnishings and mechanisms ? Normally I think of a door skin as just the outside panel .

Many thanks

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Thankyou for your enquiry.

I think i may have already replied to your request via a different source.
Yes we do have a door in the same colour, the price on this is £125.00.
You will need to retain certain items from your old door as this will come as a door skin only.
I would also prefer you pick it up in person, although we can deliver if you like but the chances of dmage in transit are likely.

Thankyou
Kind regards
Mohammed

HI ,
I got your details from the Pajero Owners Club ( POCUK) , where you are highly rated .

I need a door for a Mitsubishi Pajero , Mark 1 2.5 TDI Chassis number starts with

L149G XXX

Preferably in the same colour as the attached photo , which is a two tone brown/gold .

If you can help , please reply ASAP .

Many Thanks

Nigel ******
South Wales *Personal details removed under instruction from Nigel*
NigelT

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well , It is obvious that if I reply to this message that a slanging match is going to happen , so I will finish my correspondence by pointing out that this is supposed to be an area where an unbiased opinion of a parts supplier can be given.

This is what I tried to do , but unfortunately the parts supplier in question has issues with my post , and has provided his opinion of me . Whether he is justified in his opinion , it is up to you to decide .

If you have the time and inclination to read through the lengthy correspondence between myself and the parts supplier , so kindly reproduced in its entirety by the aforementioned Gentleman , you will be able to make up your own mind about the rights and wrongs of this sorry matter.

Please note that I have asked the administrators to remove my personal information from his reply to be deleted on open forum.

Best Regards

NigelT
Bandoliero

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mohammed spent nearly 30 mins of his time, & his phone bill, to tell me what I needed to knowabout my newly aquired pajero!

He did not have to do this, & was no Forcing me to just hand over the cash!

& Basically satisfied my needs, with exactly what I what have expected from a mature buisinessman, But MORE!

Thanks alot Mohammed! As i did not get to say Thanks, But your help was Very much appriciated!

Parts & customer service was as good, when I decided to go through with them, as them being the cheapest, After I shoped around for the best deal, price etc.. (as most would)

& when I did hot them back for what I wanted, the parts were still there & available when I did want!

I did end up Wasting some of there time, I admit, But they were happy to communicate in the very pleasent manner & put up with me...

at the end, I still got the cheapest quote & parts, & they got me as a customer...
cliney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 20:05    Post subject: electric window motor and mechanism Reply with quote

maliks came up with the goods! as new electric window complete kit.
cheaper than all the other places i saw on the internet.
next day delivery!
cheers mohammed Very Happy
mikeaccordion

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:33    Post subject: Sold a Pajero with a Blown Headgasket Reply with quote

On the first of March I bought a Pajero from Maliks, he delivered it to my home, when he arrived he left the engine running for ages saying that they were prone to blowing head gaskets so you had to let it cool down.
The following morning I checked the Water etc, and found the radiator was empty, I repeatedly topped it up when I took it to my local garage they diagnosed a Blown Head Gasket. I contacted Maliks who promised to ring me back but did not, I again rang and he said he did not really want anything to do with it.
I am now going through the process with Trading standards to take legal action. For the full cost of the vehicle plus compensation for loss of use etc. (I also found lots of other things that did not work)  
He had written Sold as seen on the receipt.
This is what the gov website says about that.

Some car traders try to use disclaimers such as 'sold as seen', 'trade sale only' or 'no refund' to restrict your rights. This is against the law and you can report any trader that does this to the Citizens Advice consumer service.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:09    Post subject: Re: Sold a Pajero with a Blown Headgasket Reply with quote

mikeaccordion wrote:
On the first of March I bought a Pajero from Maliks, he delivered it to my home, when he arrived he left the engine running for ages saying that they were prone to blowing head gaskets so you had to let it cool down.
The following morning I checked the Water etc, and found the radiator was empty, I repeatedly topped it up when I took it to my local garage they diagnosed a Blown Head Gasket. I contacted Maliks who promised to ring me back but did not, I again rang and he said he did not really want anything to do with it.
I am now going through the process with Trading standards to take legal action. For the full cost of the vehicle plus compensation for loss of use etc. (I also found lots of other things that did not work)  
He had written Sold as seen on the receipt.
This is what the gov website says about that.

Some car traders try to use disclaimers such as 'sold as seen', 'trade sale only' or 'no refund' to restrict your rights. This is against the law and you can report any trader that does this to the Citizens Advice consumer service.

Don't think you can report them to this organisation, but you can freely seek advice from there for sure, but advice is only what you will get,   you have taken the correct way in dealing with trading standards on tis, if that is the way you have gone.    BUT, to be honest, I would wait till it is sorted before you post in here and the other thread, cos, for sure, this will be kept by the other party as evidence of what your saying about them etc.

So, sort it out, ask in here for any advice you think you may require, but as I said, keep it private, only when you have had a result, it would be correct to post that result in here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Parts suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: