Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

URGENT ABS BRAKES NOTICE

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought if the ABS was working correctly the only thing you should feel is a pulsing on the pedal

steering should not shake  Shocked
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 17:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front wheel bearings need adjusting  Wink
Mike terra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 13:52    Post subject: V78 DiD Reply with quote

Ivor Green wrote:
And just to add my two penneth , do not alow the brake master cylinder to run empty , or attempt to bleed those brakes yuor selves , I have to admit my fingers were crossed when I said I thought it was the HBB unit and ECU , if wrong I would of lost a lot of respect , not just from yuo guys but from the  other Mitsubish factory trained techs who also play there part in these forums , I did phone a couple of guys to seek there advice and although the most exsperianced of them all siad he thought it still could be a wireing fault I had to go with my gut feeliong and figures from the test that it needed both units . oh the reason yuo dont want to let the master cylinder run dry is it is very nearly imposible to bleed fully and correctly with out the use of our MUT computer . ahd yes I will always try to help , If I take a day to get back to yuo sorry .
and very last point Tony thanks again for having the faith to purchase 16 cans of beer knowing I was going to be able to fix it .

Thanks for all this good information, I have recently purchased a used V78 very impressed with the performance comfort and the rest EXCEPT FOR THE BRAKES! didn't get home before the ABS and brake warning lights came on! Brakes are fine upto about 60 KPH but higher there is a noticeable " shimmy" on the steering and at 130K's plus the brakes go on/off shuddering and noisy as though there was a wheel or wheels locked up. I think the sensors on the front wheels may be dead?

What are the specs and test procedure on the sensors? Do you have a pin by pin test sequence on the sensor and on the control harness's?

Your help and advise much appreciated

Mike Terra Rolling Eyes
johny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 18:27    Post subject: ABS light Reply with quote

HI all
I have a mitsubishi shogun 3.2 gls DID. My brakes have stopped working the brake pedale will not move, ABS light is on and a continuous bleeping noise
has anyone got any info on this problem.

thanks johny
Mike terra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 20:29    Post subject: 3.2 DiD Brakes Reply with quote

Can one of the Mitsu wizards enlighten us on brake bleeding procedures without the service computer? I live 100 miles from my nearest Mitsu service point and I don't know if they have a computer even. I have owned dozens of cars with ABS (BM's Toyotas and Nissans) this is the first time I have ever had a problem bleeding the brakes. Surely as a car destined to do some work in countries without service in every town Mitsu would have designed something more practical?

I really love my V78 but it appears that they were not built for tough conditions with all the complicated equipment on board..

Advise sincerely appreciated.

Terra Mike Confused
cooperman&son

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:49    Post subject: 3.2did noisy servo Reply with quote

Ivor Green wrote:
And just to add my two penneth , do not alow the brake master cylinder to run empty , or attempt to bleed those brakes yuor selves , I have to admit my fingers were crossed when I said I thought it was the HBB unit and ECU , if wrong I would of lost a lot of respect , not just from yuo guys but from the  other Mitsubish factory trained techs who also play there part in these forums , I did phone a couple of guys to seek there advice and although the most exsperianced of them all siad he thought it still could be a wireing fault I had to go with my gut feeliong and figures from the test that it needed both units . oh the reason yuo dont want to let the master cylinder run dry is it is very nearly imposible to bleed fully and correctly with out the use of our MUT computer . ahd yes I will always try to help , If I take a day to get back to yuo sorry .
and very last point Tony thanks again for having the faith to purchase 16 cans of beer knowing I was going to be able to fix it .

Hi Ivor, would appreciate your advice. I have a noisy from the servo or booster tank adjacent to the master cylinder, like an exhaust or croaking sound. It happens after about 1-2 seconds after applying brakes. I had the warning light and buzzer up a couple of times . The brake performance seems ok but it seems that I have made the error of not clamping the flexi-hoses when changing the pads. This problem has only recently happened even though it was quite som time ago that I changed the pads. I would appreciate your comment.

Regards Dave
BIG RED

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:44    Post subject: abs light Reply with quote

johnny i dont know nothin abt the 3.2 did but from what u say it sounds like something needs toppin up like brake fluid or brake pads are worn its a safety thing by the look of it.
Mike terra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:15    Post subject: 3.2DiD brakes Reply with quote

After much trial and error eventually got all the brake complaints sorted. All that was required was a careful  cleaning wheel sensors and rings, loosening up the caliper pistons which were very tight on three wheels due to harsh enviroment the car obviously had worked in previously. Warning to others with similar complaint: If one caliper is much easier to apply than the others automatically that wheel is the brake most applied, the wheel tries to react to the braking pressure and starts to lock up, naturally the ABS comes on and releases what is  the only effective braking wheel with lots of noise and vibration due to only one wheel being affected. NOTE: All the calipers must be equally free to float and to apply pressure, careful though not to let the pistons pop out of the caliper pots when working them free.

Now that the brakes are good and sharp all round driving on slimy slippery wet mud with ABS is a nightmare, as soon as the brakes are applied the ABS releases the brakes because of lock-up. I would like to be able to switch off the ABS in these conditions. Does anyone have a tidy method to be able to do this?
aandy1

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:26    Post subject: abs fault you speak off Reply with quote

Hi Tony  were is this  low pressure switch ?     i think i may have same problem !!    i have a 2001 51 plate   3.2 did  with same fault you desceibe !!
h8cak

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 0:24    Post subject: Re: ABS light Reply with quote

johny wrote:
HI all
I have a mitsubishi shogun 3.2 gls DID. My brakes have stopped working the brake pedale will not move, ABS light is on and a continuous bleeping noise

thanks johny

Same as my problem. Had a full dionostic check by my auto electrican and it pointed to dead valves in the ABS pump. A new one is on the way Wink
MITSU_MAN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:34    Post subject: help on ABS Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am new on this forum, but do own a couple of jeros. This particular topic caught my eye becuase of a similar problem I have in my '01 V76....the ABS and the parking light initially blinked a couple of times while driving. I stopped the car thinking maybe the brake fluid has gone low( which hadn't) and added a few ml to top it up. Restarted the engine and the brake pedal wouldn't budge with NO braking at all. My local mechanic tried to bleed but, apparently there is no fluid being passed onto the rear wheels....his diagnosis ......the servo motor has died. Would appreciate help on this as I live around pretty non-techinical area!!!

Regards
MITSU_MAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

Ahhhooooooyyyyyyyyyyy............Any help?????
RSI

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 18:53    Post subject: Re: abs light Reply with quote

BIG RED wrote:
johnny i dont know nothin abt the 3.2 did but from what u say it sounds like something needs toppin up like brake fluid or brake pads are worn its a safety thing by the look of it.

I think your right BIG RED. I have the same problem with my 3.2 DiD as johny has, my mechanic syas my front brake pads need replacing. Funny to say they were working perfect until I heard a squeaky juddery noise from the front end.

RIS
RSI

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 18:56    Post subject: Re: ABS light Reply with quote

johny wrote:
HI all

thanks johny

Hi johny, did you find out what was wrong. I had the same problem with my 3.2 DiD. My mechanic says front pads need replacing as BIG RED pointed out.
RIS
KB1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - another new member - a friend pointed me towards this thread.

I have had my X reg 3.2 DiD for about 2 months.

Last weekend I started having problems braking.  I knew from the MOT in Nov that the back brake lines would eventually need replaced and a friend pointed out that the back discs weren't looking great although the pads were fine.

Took it to a local mechanic last week and he replaced rear discs, pads, brake lines and brake fluid although he said that none of them were so bad that they would have caused such poor braking response and he put that down to the pads seizing due to the ice and snow.

Last night, 4 days after being at the garage the abs light came on.  I read the manual, followed advice to turn the engine off then back on again but the light was still on.  Drove it round the block and now whenever I brake there is a knocking noise coming from the front wheel on the drivers side.  

Any ideas what this could be?  Apparently the front hub was replaced just before I bought it - as were the front brake discs/pads, cv joint and driveshaft.

There has always been a very quite noise coming from there when I brake but it was intermittent not really noticable.  Friend has suggested the ABS sensor has come away from it's bracket and is rattling about in there.

Apologies if none of this makes sense - I really don't know much about cars!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: