Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Fitted Kenlowe Auto Cooler (With Pictures)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spigsy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:19    Post subject: Fitted Kenlowe Auto Cooler (With Pictures) Reply with quote

After much consideration and topic reading i decided to fit the additional Autobox Cooler for the sake of £110.00 i felt it was worth the reinsurance when Towing to Spain this summer, especially when my wife puts Emelda Marcoss to Shame with all weight of her Clothes and shoes Very Happy

The kit From Kenlowes

After reading the fitting guide from Kenlowe they recommend the ideal location for the cooler is placed where it can receive incoming ram effect air, the only location on the 2.5 was where the Horns are located to allow this i first had to remove the Horns,

The two Bolts that hold the mounting bracket on the left for the Oil Cooler I swopped these for Countersunk Bolts to stop the Heads from rubbing on the New cooler when fitted.

After unbolting the Horns i needed to remove the Mounting Bracket this i did by Drilling out the Welds.

I then fabricated a Bracket using 2 inch angle, i fixed the Bracket using an existing bolt and drilled a new fixing hole , the pipes from the new cooler where run underneath the crossmember down the left to underneath the car I fitted the Horns to the end of the Bracket and i needed to extend the cabling to the Horn on the right.

Close up of Horn and Pipe connection, i made sure of enough clearance around the pipe when it passes underneath the crossmember

This is the view behind the new cooler and the reason why i had to fit the countersunk Bolts.

On the pipe connections underneath the car i removed the original 6 inch rubber pipe from the metal pipe from Auto box to the water Rad. Have a Container handy to catch the auto fluid about a .5 of a litre came out I connected one pipe from the new Cooler to the metal pipe going back to the Auto Box and the second Pipe from the new Cooler i connected straight into the water Rad cooler connection. I was carefull that there were good bending radiuses in the new pipes to allow good Fluid flow.

I had to make a few adjustments on the front Grill to accommodate the new cooler i used an angle Grinder just to sand down the plastic on the Grill

I then added about .75 Dex 2 to the auto box this allowed for the fluid lost when connecting the pipes and the fluid required for the extra Cooler. When the engine got to normal temp i followed the procedures for checking fluid level on the Auto i then kept checking for leaks for a couple of days.

I'll let you Know if it works this Summer Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

br00n1e

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job m8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: