Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Deisel engines and vegetable oil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarlosFandango

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 0:28    Post subject: Deisel engines and vegetable oil Reply with quote

Has anyone run their Pajero on vegetable oil. I have been advised I can run a fifty fifty mix of veg and deisel oil but need to add an extra cleanable fuel filter. This is to catch all the *beep* that washes through from the deisel deposits that the veg oil cleans off. Need to know more about the filter really. Car is an 88 2.5 auto.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 0:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

phil.p
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

rather than mess about doing all of that find someone in your area that sells bio diesel Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
SHED
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the difference,i put bio diesel in mine the other day at a local rix garage,is this better than normal diesel
Tester

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well RIX stuff is better for the environment - normally dearer than ' normal diesel' though.

There are a couple of veggie experts on here now and again. I've seen people use 50:50 without ANY mods at all - but not through winter. One of 'em even looked and sounded like me Wink

Don't forget Mr Customs and Mr Excise will want 29p [ish] a litre in tax Evil or Very Mad

Nige
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: