Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

newbie needs help !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fat bloke

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 22:57    Post subject: newbie needs help !!! Reply with quote

hi all, i've been 'sitting on the fence' for a while now not knowing if a shogun owner is 100% welcome but reading thru hundreds of posts it seems that you accept one & all. anyway, thats my intro out of the way, I now really DO need your help...i've just washed me shoggie and then went to reverse her down the drive when suddenly all of the ignition controlled dash lights went out and the engine cut out, the starter still operates but she will not fire nor will any of the warning lights function...i'm really desparate as we are supposed to be going on holliday on monday !!! any thoughts fellas ???
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 22:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ArtistsRifles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start at the battery (ies??) and work your way back through the connections making sure they are good and tight, also that the earth points are clean and good. Make sure too that there are no pools of water shorting anything out after the washing you gave it......... Smile
fat bloke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

asolutely everything else is functioning normally including the battery, it just seems that there is no power reaching the ignition circuits, she turns over happily but will not fire with no warning lights lit ??? Crying or Very sad
P.S. all the non-ignition related warning lights (abs/door ajar/main beam/fwd/etc) are all working normally...
Scott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all fuses are ok the next thing could be a faulty contact in the ignition barrel or the switch on the end of it. My old vauxhall switch went on the blink/flames, simply remove it and hotwire the connections. If it works get a new switch.
Colin.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

has it got an alarm/imobilieser fitted,
fat bloke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, its got an original fitment cobra but this is still working i.e. locking/unlocking etc. i'm stumped ???
fat bloke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing just a quick update...it was the immobiliser that was at fault, it er, decided to immobilize itself !!! Had to trace back to the original cut in the main ignition feed and re-splice the connection back to as it was when it left the factory, problem solved, thanks to Colin for steering me in the right direction, cheers... Laughing
ArtistsRifles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that IS interesting!!!
The immobiliser on our one gives you the full display of lights etc. but no start....

Neil.
fat bloke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

the alarm was an original 'optional extra' fitted by mitsi and for the imobiliser they had cut the main supply to the dash, hence, no warning lights and no feed to the fuel cut off solenoid, a fairly effective system...unless it fails of course...leaving you totally stranded. I'm having a new system fitted when we get back off holiday, immob/door locking/interior senors supply & fit for £200 or £300 for a thatcham cat 1 version...
allan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news then, at least you get to go away this weekend!

allan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: