Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Towing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Thunder
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 22:56    Post subject: Towing Reply with quote

I have recentley herd that when towing a caravan with an auto Paj you have to tow in 4WD Question Something about strain on the box and oil overheating Question Exclamation Shocked Has anybody had any problems shaking
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 22:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you post this in the pikey van bit,more people with your fetish will read it Wink
but the short answer is no,as long as your paj is looked after you shouldn't have to tow in 4wd Wink
RogerM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:28    Post subject: Towing Reply with quote

Hi! I have never towed in 4WD except to get me out of a muddy field.
No problems in 2WD.

RogerM
Metnav1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have found that towing in 4 wheel drive does heat up the drivetrain, 2 wheel drive doesn't.
Also if you have a heavy load 2 wheel drive pulls better and maintains higher speeds uphill.
Hawaii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue thunder

I saw the same article

Apparently the owners manual for the new Shogun elegance 3.2 DiD it says "when towing you must be in 4wd otherwise damamge could be caused to the drivetrain.

I queried this with my local mitsi dealer (as i tow a lot with my paj and wanted to see if this also applied). The sales manager got out a copy of the handbook and it does say this but he has no idea why as the drivetrain is very similar to the paj super select (although with more leccy bits & bobs)

He has sold quite a few of these new models and had no comebacks yet from tow-ers but maybe time will tell.

I have towed all over europe with my paj and only used 4wd if needed (slippy/snowy etc.)

Any one else got any ideas

ta

hawaii
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: