Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

thinking about getting a challenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jas328sport

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 18:18    Post subject: thinking about getting a challenger Reply with quote

was looking for a pajero but the wife has decided that she loves the look of the challengers so would like a bit of info if poss.
the one that i like the look of is a 97r 3.5 with the tipronic box.
this will be over my budget and need to know that it will be reliable.
it has done 52k with a fsh.
how reliable are these engines and also are the tiptronic boxes ok or are they troublesome.
i am assuming that it is at its cambelt change time so any idea as to how much this will cost.
any other potential problems that you think that i should know about.
thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 18:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

sonic-1

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 15:07    Post subject: 3.5 Reply with quote

mmmm 3.5 the way to go , forget the tippy box big probs when it goes, get slightly older normal auto
Grinder

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking to replace our Mitsubishi Legnum (jap-import Gallant estate) with a Challenger some time this year.

The Legnum has the tiptronic box, and it is an excellent drive. I can't comment on cost of repair if problems occur though, as we have enjoyed trouble-free motoring on our 1996 Leggie for 2 years.

I did not realise the 97 challenger came with the tiptronic box; I will certainly turn my attention to those as the gear-change response with the tiptronic in the Legnum is far better than other automatics I have driven.

I hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: