Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Numbewr plate Q from Newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topteacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:32    Post subject: Numbewr plate Q from Newbie Reply with quote

I understand that we can put "motorcycle plates" onto our Paj. but as I am not getting mine until MAY, can anyone tell me...

Its a SQUARE plate for the rear, Yes, but what goes on the front????? Square or standard oblong????

Thanx... Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

allan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I was able to make out after talking to DVLA, you can only fit the motorcycle type plates where the standard plates wont fit because of the design of the vehicle. You have to satisfy yourself if that is the case. Legally, motorcycle plates can be only two lines of figures, not one or three like some bikes have.

As to the front, I have seen 2 line square plates with m/c lettering. You will have to decide what fits. I think you will find the standard long plate fits all Pajero`s at the front, but after asking DVLA, it would appear that you can fit a smaller single line plate with m/c leters, but, they were very vague as to the law on that point.

I am fitting a 7x11 inch plate to the back of mine with m/c lettering, because a standard 8 inch high plate will not fit. I am also fitting a single row plate to the front, with m/c lettering.

Then I`ll see what happens.

allan
topteacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks (again) guys, always a qucik response on here.

Teach.
DELBOY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can have a 11x8 rear plate with the smaller fonts but i think you must use the same font on the front plate too you cant mix them
Philco

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I fitted the standard size rear plate on mine by cutting off the 2 projecting holding lugs and fixing with the self-adhesive pads........only slight problem is that with the ladder fitted the plate is slightly obscured by one of the rungs whereas the smaller sized plate corresponds exactly between the ladder rungs........oh well Confused
Dean

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi top teacher
iv'e just had some made 13'' x 7'' rear fits in rear lugs with double sided pads

and standard front
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: