QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

8 mth in on mitsi ownership wots gone wrong ?????

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moskito
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my "pet" or should I say 2.8TD SWB L Reg for 8 months and had the following

Fuel pump reconditioned (under warranty)
Crankshaft pully thing - £500 (should have been £700 but shouted at them!)
Brake pads all round - forgotton cost!
Rev Counter gone (£300 to replace so not bothering)
Failed MOT - £200 in bits and pieces
Service £119
Back door broken (fixed myself....which Im very proud of being a girlie! Laughing )

But I love my truck to bits and wouldnt give it up for the world Wink
play the game of "would I swap my Paj with that car" Game every morning and the only one I've said Yes I'll swap has been for a Dodge Viper (my other ultimate car!) Laughing Laughing

Alis
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Wild-Gal

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger wrote:

Quote:
in the time its been with us it has been thrown down mountains, up mountains in all sorts of conditions from dry dust to wet rocks and snow, its even done some rock steps that we were told it wouldn't be able to get up...but it did,
its used every single day and carries lots of kids who think its a climbing frame but it still keeps going
god knows how the laguna i had previously would have coped with the mountains and the kids had ruined the interior.

Well thats about the same as our paj..... (lol at the climbing frame... ours has a bouncy castle instead of the back seats!!) Rolling Eyes Wink
apart from an oil leak (£217) and Stoney running the battery down the other day, (stereo on, both air conditioning on, dvd on etc etc...(engine off too!)) whilst I shopped which was FREE (a quick call to Scottsabs!! for a jump off his batteries!) and oh...forgot about the FREE water I needed to fill the radiator up cos it sometimes packed up without warning!!!

SO IM A HAPPY BUNNY WITH MY PAJ!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 8)
Nickhaynes
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all
i had my fist paj 2.5 tdi for 4 years apart from normal servicing i only had to replace alternator rear silencer and couple of bulbs in dashboard
i have now got 98 3.5 gdi had it for 2 months had it serviced jst after i got it replaced all fluids and new cambelt ect swindon mitsubishi said it was one of best they had seen so i am really pleased with mine i think the 3.5 is much better than my 2.5 even mpg is as good and sometimes better than 2.5 yep i'm really happy with pajero's
nick
Barry-Gilmore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had mine now 7 months
As follows Undersealed, rear brake piston sticking sorted, two full services, and now coolant loss due to failed o ring simple job.
Total cost with machanic £400.00

Amount of pleasure 2 wks south of France and evertime i get behind the wheel, no car as ever kept my attention this long.
Its that bad now that when i go to bed i turn the light out and take one last peep out of the window to my Paj on the drive and dream of wether i can take her to get dirty or should it stay a shiny. Better go now for my medication. Laughing
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medication Shocked
Now catheterisation I'm good at that an Kidney harvesting Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
laufer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no problems with the old mk1, and now either with my new pajero classic.

My old MK1 2.3td with nearly 20 years, was sold at 200.000km (or maybe more), i did 30.000 km doing mainly off road, and even on summer going to sahara at 50cº doing more than 5000 km in two weeks. But also the old owner did "trial" with it. And The guy who bought it is planing to uses it as a work horse for its fiels .... what a beast.

My 2002 pajero classic goes sweat us a dream and no problems at all.

have fun
SteveN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had our Shogun over 4 years now, problems well

1/ 2 wires on ABS needing replacement £400 Shocked (they are GOLD)
2/ ISC replacemet (£125ish Courtesy of 4x4wire members)
3/ I did have problems with the ABS, this was traced to LED type brake bulbs.

I have not included normal servicing items as these would be required whatever car you run!!

SteveN
Bru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had mine three years + now. New set of tyres from Bronco in Leek (well worth travelling to) last year. Rosehill Motors in Abergele services and MOT's it when neccessary - quite reasonably in my opinion.
Nothing ever seems to go wrong with it, but it only does about 7k a year.
Starts first go in the winter even if it's not been used for a week.
No complaints at all.
Oh yes - and as near as I can work out transferring k's to miles, and liters to gallons, it does between 26 - 32 if I don't try and drive it like a Ferrari.
Now, if you really want a car to moan about - buy a new Peugeot diesel. Rolling Eyes
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME BRU newb Thanks for the positive post M8 grrrrrreat to have you with us Wink
pm on its way Wink
Warlock
Events rep (Central)
Events rep (Central)

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what can you say, potential newbies....go get a Paj, after 2 years of happy motoring, 71,000kms when I bought her to 118,466kms now, half a dozen or so trips down to the loire valley with the caravan, apart from tyres and servicing she`s never let me down. Bit of an issue with smoke but hey, it`s a diesel.
Can only reiterate whats already been said, look after it and it`ll look after you, wouldn`t swap mine for anything else, and when the time comes.....it`ll be another paj.
Happy Pajjing folks. 8)
Simon_Doc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was bought last November with 67,000 ks on the clock. That equates to 42,000 mile and loose change.
It's now just passed the 100,000 ks in 8 months. That averages out at about 550 miles a week so you could call me a high mileage user, however with the closest motorway being 45 miles away the motorway / dual carriageway useage is less then 750 miles. This is 17,250 miles on urban, A, B and unclassified roads which puts a greater toll on the mechanicals.
It gets off roaded every other weekend and sometimes if I am working at a farm, during the week.
Suffice to say it's a high mileage workhorse that doubles a plaything whenever I get chance.

So far the faults have been...
1: .... Erm.. None!

It has been rock solid. It passed it's MOT with flying colours with the MOT inspector commenting how good it was for 13 years old (and whinging about the mud underneath!).
It's never failed to start 1st time usually with only a quick "flick" of the key.
It has never used a drop of oil between 6,000 mile services. The dipstick reads on the full mark every time. A phenomenon that I and my Mechanic (Sadly I don't get time to do my own servicing now! Sad) have never seen beofre - even my Missuses 53 reged Corsa uses a pint between services!

I know there's a lot of tales of woe on here about knackered Gearboxes, cracked heads, dead alternators busted waterpumps etc, however most of the time you don't hear from people unless there's a problem, which I feel is a tad unfair as you see the negative without the positive.
Yes it's a mechanical device that can fail, however in my opinion every Japanese vehicle I have owned, ranging from a Corolla GTI-16, Supra 3.0 Turbo, Mazda 323 4x4 Rallye, Pulsar GTI-R, Skyline Gt-R 32.5, and now the Pajero SWB 2.5 have ALWAYS been over engineered, far superior and relible to the Nth degree when compared to the offerings that you can buy from the west.
Look at mine, 18,000 miles hard use in 8 months? Surely it's doing something right?

Simon
dale humphreys

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 22:13    Post subject: cost Reply with quote

3 tyres,rear box,aircon service,rear pads,set of filters.all cheaper than for my bmw Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
andyblackstock
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:12    Post subject: reliability Reply with quote

i've had my pajero for about three years now. only major prob was the feul pump seal started to leak but since then i have only had some small wear an tear probs. last thing was the air con idler pully fell apart and anti roll bar bushes for the mot. always starts first time. oh yeah got some tyres in bury st edmunds for 60 quid each, thought that was ok!!! its been really reliable.
Chummers

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok heres a list for you!

Oil filter = 6.50
Air filter = 6.50
Full engine gasket set = 42.00
Half moon rubber = 2.00
Water pump = 49.50
Thermostat = 20.75
Fanbelt = 3.50
PAS Belt = 4.00
Balance belt = 8.50
Air con belt = 7.00
Glow plugs X4 = 55.00
Woodruff key X2 = 3.70
Injectors X4 = 115.00
Rear crank seal = 2.50
Front crank seal = 3.00
Complete exhaust = 200.00
Front discs + fitting = 60.00
Rear discs + fitting = 60.00
Front pads +fitting = 20.00
Rear pads + fitting = 20.00
a small clip to hold one of the pads on to stop a rattle = 7.00 (from mitsi)
Radio expander = 7.50
Oil = 20.00

may be a few other things missed as well

BUT

All of these parts were replaced because i wanted a well maintained motor, it has NEVER let me down!! (neither did my last Paj!)

Any I have not regretted for one second spending on it!

lets put things into prespective for you,

Last car, Astra. Engine management chip went, (on a four year old car) price = £2,499.00. + Had over £2,000 spent just on parts (dealer cover this!) ha ha..

Wink
SHMO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 15:42    Post subject: paj Reply with quote

i have had my paj soft top for just over two years and i have had

new clutch

waterpump

timming belts

2xtires

alternater rebuild

front pads and disks

inner seals repaired after *beep* insallation of side steps by previous owner

and obvious service parts

and it still needs brakes done again and a new roof

so an absolute fortune but i still love it!!!!! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: