Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

8 mth in on mitsi ownership wots gone wrong ?????

Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonic-1

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:07    Post subject: 8 mth in on mitsi ownership wots gone wrong ????? Reply with quote

well had mine now for 8 mth got it real cheep with a few minor probs , but if yer read the main tec forum yer might think these motor r very unrelyable so here go s wot iv had to fix on mine
when i got the motor it needed 2 tyers n cv boot on iner nsf total cost £70 all in + 2hrs to do it n very gruby hands
next was both outer track rod ends £9 each
steering idler £35
lower ball joint drivers side £12 + loads of messin to stip n refit
only prob now it dam rattle on aux belt tensioner will fix it when it fails
so as yer can see they r cheep to maintain if yer dont mind doin it yer self n they dont break that oftern mine had 102k on the clock when i got it iv put another 12k on with just the useual servicing +parts listed above not bad i think  Twisted Evil it aint all doom n gloom Evil or Very Mad or is it 16/12/06
it cooked n head or head gasget has failed , so v6 s can suffer from this prob as well , its been serviced to a high standard n it still broke
well it was the gasget that had gone real bad on No 6 ,1and 3 were on the way out to , had heads pressure checked n 1 failed it had cracked ,it was the side the gasget had gone real bad on
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rickladds
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely right! The Paj is one of the best designs around - basic and strong in most places, but like any complex vehicle - with occasional weaknesses. However, many oif the problems that you see on here are down to poor maintenance.

If you just read the tech forum on here you might think that every Paj is a mobile disaster on wheels - but remember, only those with problems post on here - and for a member with problems , there are many who have never had a moment's worry (other than to find a cheaper fuel station!)

The vast majority just enjoy their Pajs!
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:56    Post subject: Paj's Reply with quote

In reality, Rickladds is spot on we only get the british disease when they go " t*ts" up there are over 7,000 members out there and god knows how many more just browse as guests.this is one of the reasons for the New Members Pack Simon is putting together as so we don't frighten newbies off and think the Paj is nowt but a disaster area , we had last month over 3,000,000 page views on the forums Shocked Shocked Shocked ..so lets have more Positive posts on what the Paj is good at peeps Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nick (its working brill so I'm not *beep*' touching it Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing ) the Nurse Wink Wink Wink

WELL DONE SONIC FOR BEING SO POSITIVE thumbleft Wink
Kenny1963

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had mine for 12 and a half months now, my list is as follows
2 tyres £150
2 95 amp batteries £90
1 Oil filter
1 Airfilter
1 fuel filter
1 set of “the wrong” heater plugs
A couple of bulbs
Need to replace a rear lens to pass MOT
Not a penny spent mourned, or considered wasted.
A have had 3 Mk 2Cavaliers, 1 Mk 3 Cavalier (Diesel), 1 Allegro, 1 Fiesta, a Sierra and a Mk3 Astra.
1 Honda CB100N, 2 Suzuki GT250N, 1 Suzuki GS1000E, 1 Kawasaki GPZ305 and a Honda CB600F 8) (Still owned and ridden. The Pajero is the most reliable car I have ever owned, I live in a caravan at work Sunday to Thursday, it’s parked out on a field in all weathers and the only time it let me down was because the 2 batteries died ( probably because they were different ratings, hence 2 95 AH to replace them) I haven’t had a problem I would get rid of it for.
I am a VERY satisfied owner. Sorry if that’s boring, but you wanted something positive Wink Laughing there it is.
Kenny
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:30    Post subject: Positive Reply with quote

Ta Kenny come on peeps lets have some more thumbleft
toecutter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i bought another one Wink
GeoffL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

1995 Paj bought October last year with 51,000 km on the clock. Now has 79,500 km under her wheels and, apart from regular servicing, I've only had to replace:
  • 5 tyres
  • the glowplug busbar
  • the oil pressure sender

... and that's it. I couldn't quite bring myself to trust nine-year-old rubber and the other bits I should have picked up and had replaced under warranty.

I'm well pleased with my Paj Very Happy
bill_t

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Set of glow plugs in 16 months of ownership, except for normal servicing and new leccy ariel mast needed.

Cant fault it
rickladds
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 months ownership - 1 headlight bulb, 2 electric windows stopped and the ABS light on! Must get around to fixing it sometime!
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased the Paj in March.
Replaced the interior bulbs which were all blown.
Have recently had a full service, including all transmission fluids (for peace of mind)
The mechanic (who I've used for 20 years) gave it a film of oil over the whole underside (he didn't know I'm due to get it undersealed soon). He stated that the transmission/suspension/engine are in A1 condition (as I expected).
So far no problems, always starts first turn, even when it's been sat at the long-term parking at Heathrow for a month.
And I managed to leave a 2.8 tdi Shoggie standing the other day......is this why I'm only getting 20mpg? Rolling Eyes
The Apache
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 months and 2500 miles, no real problems apart from aircon comp packing up... and a much lighter bank account Sad time for a bag of chips and 50 litres of used cooking oil Smile
A lot of the problems posted on here are to do with gadgets, and let's face it Pajeros are full of 'em, so somethings gonna go pearshaped at some time or other, you could live without a lot of them anyway Wink
As for a lot of the other problems, poor maintenance can very often be the cause, look after em' well and you won't need to post here again, unless it's to take the p..s out of another member, for neglecting theirs.

Paj's r Gr8

PS, parts are surprisingly cheap aswell thumbright
Roger Dard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

since november 2004, 98,000kms then - 107,000kms now 1991 H reg

1 x ECU @ £350 (dealer wouldn't replace under warranty Evil or Very Mad )

1 x alternator @ £60 (easy to get to eh nick Twisted Evil )

5 x BFG A/T's @ £silly money (didnt trust old rubber)

1 x mirror @ £40 (didnt fold out)

1 x sidelight fuse @ £pence (my fault Embarassed )

1 x sunroof @ £10 (old one was rotten)

and just noticed the rear door interior bulb has blown Rolling Eyes
in the time its been with us it has been thrown down mountains, up mountains in all sorts of conditions from dry dust to wet rocks and snow, its even done some rock steps that we were told it wouldn't be able to get up...but it did,
its used every single day and carries lots of kids who think its a climbing frame Rolling Eyes but it still keeps going
god knows how the laguna i had previously would have coped with the mountains and the kids had ruined the interior

well worth the money and not bad for a 14 year old car 8) 8)
more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've spent about 4k so far,not telling why(will show some of you one day) Wink

breakages,
1.waterpump(i broke it,if you've seen the pics,you'll know why Twisted Evil )
2. alt,please see above Shocked

all of this in 2 years Wink
phil.p
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

had my 93 2.5 for 15 mths

1. spare tyre

2. lecy aeriel mast

plus normal servicing parts.

its the dogs gahooners,luvvit and so does the wife nothing else comes close Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
conatcamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 22:10    Post subject: pajs Reply with quote

Cant really comment on my paj,not had it long enough,but i did own a 3.0v6 petrol shogun for 2 years with no probs at all,only had it serviced as the norm and replaced a tyre and rear wiper,but i must say the paj i got is far more superior in every dept,so touch wood all will be well.I have NO doubts. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: