eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

8 mth in on mitsi ownership wots gone wrong ?????

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jockyboy

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi just bought my mits 4 months ago ,no probs so far,just she cuts out sometimes about a mile from home first thing,under stand could be a pump prob  =also owned a 3.0 j top in spain for a year with no trouble at all she was gunmetal grey and sounded like a panzer  awrsome    i cant spell either cheers Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

carolrabbit
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi welcome to the club  Laughing Our Deli used to to do that, try changing the pump seals first  Confused  If you could tell us a bit more about the truck  Confused  You don't need to spell just have a sense of humour  Laughing  Laughing
jockyboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

my new truck is white 2.8 td 1994 gls inported 2004  she goes great execpt for this prop but only going up hill to work ,but if i start her up for 5 mins before i leave she doesnt cut out,maybe i have the fuel lines checked first, also do anyone know where i can get the tool kit cheep ,i have the jack and the torch but missing everything else,looked on ebay but they want your gold fillings for them  cheers Question  Razz
jockyboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all ,ived heared that you can fit an electric fuel pump to your mits ,claims to have better performance and mpg ,anyone out there done this  by the way mines 2.8td  cheers. Question
scudmonkey

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had mine since April this year, and apart from oil and filter, fuel filter and a couple of exhaust sections it has been fine. Gets used on a regular basis as a van for shifting boat building stuff (don't ask!) and also used everyday to get to work. Loaded up once a month roughly with camping gear when I head off on a wander. Can thoroughly recommend them as good tools. Hopefully after Christmas I'll be able to throw some money at the truck and treat it to some decent rubber and maybe some toys! Very Happy
Spoodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought first one in June 08, wrote it off in a crash in April 09, only thing done was filter/oil change and new glow plugs.

Bought second one blind off ebay in May 09 and sold it for spares/repair in Sept 09, play in ball joints, acceleration issues, poor tyres, horrendous starting despite new plugs and filter/oil changes, incurable steering wobble, misfiring. Final straw was a motorway blowout that trashed the handbrake cables and brake shoes, followed by the pump seals going.

Now on the third, owned for a month, done filters and oil change, still to do atf oil change and nipple greasing, but the previous owner had owned it from import and really looked after it, so not in too much of a rush. Had a warped tyre that needed replacing, so bought a cheap one while I save up for some big bad boots for it. Oh, getting some touch up paint for the bumper corners, does that count?
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno If I've posted this before but here goes.
Purchased mine off of "there"  4 years ago unseen as app 200 miles away. Spent a bit getting it to how I wanted it before exporting it to Guyana, Bullbars different wheels/tyres etc. The only things[Touch wood] Apart from regular servicing, Water pump, Bottom pulley Delaminated, [both caught in time so as not to cause other problems] Dashboard lights, nearside indicator cluster mine crazed for some reason.
I must add that the roads here are to say the least punishing. Most being mud/Bauxite by product and are dust when dry mud [and potholes] when wet.
So if you are considering buying a Paj DONT BE PUT OFF there are Thousands, Nay Millions on the road with no real problems. Amongst the best cars I have EVER owned and most of mine [post 1980] up to this were nearly new or new.
bruno22rf

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 23:04    Post subject: 01 3.5 GDI v6 Reply with quote

bought this about 6 months ago-done 55k with full dealer history.Cost me a small fortune to change the plugs (£17 each)-another wedge to renew all the oils and its got a constant missfire that no-one can fix.It costs me an arm and a leg in fuel and its so slow that i have to slip stream milk-floats.It has just had its first taste of salt and the wheels are totally *beep* as the mechanic described them as he replaced the rear discs and pads.Worst car i've ever owned and i've had some dogs.
t-boy1979

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 13:17    Post subject: my shogies and my new paj Reply with quote

just to comment on this i had a 3.0 v6 gls which i had for 8 months and the o/s head gasket failed so un deterred i got a whole new engine and slotted it in there lol but while i was doing this i went out and brought another 3.0 v6 for the wife to run round in as she missed the other one lol now 1.5 years later i have been out and brought her a diesel one but she hasnt been able to have a go in it yet as i havent given her the keys lol i just keep saying im ok hun ill drive lol lol lol  but i will let her have a go soon lol. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
NYRA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 17:51    Post subject: Re: 01 3.5 GDI v6 Reply with quote

bruno22rf wrote:
bought this about 6 months ago-done 55k with full dealer history.Cost me a small fortune to change the plugs (£17 each)-another wedge to renew all the oils and its got a constant missfire that no-one can fix.It costs me an arm and a leg in fuel and its so slow that i have to slip stream milk-floats.It has just had its first taste of salt and the wheels are totally *beep* as the mechanic described them as he replaced the rear discs and pads.Worst car i've ever owned and i've had some dogs.
BUT DO  YOU  STILL AV THE PAJERO ?????
bruno22rf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 23:13    Post subject: 3.5 GDI Reply with quote

Do i still have it?-i wish i didnt.Still hate the thing as it does nothing well apart from empty my wallet.Air-con pump has now seized and Mitsibishi want £950 for a new one (plus fitting)-but it cant be that simple with this heap can it-mitsubishi admit that it could be fitted with one of 4 different pumps and cant tell which one mine has unless its removed first.
NYRA
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

easy just leave the dam thing  you no need it  just de gas it and take the belt off thats it job dunn   mine dont work but me heaters or great   air cond its not what its crack up to Very Happy  be  just take the belt mate never mine spending Shocked  850 pounds  for the stake of it Very Happy
scottwootton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive have a lwb which I do 100miles a day in and 2 weekends drive over some of the roughest terrain the uk can throw at it.
and the only thing ive had to fix is a split hose. in 12months of ownership.
same with the swb I had before it, just cv joints and alternator.

We also have a swb paj evo, which weve had for 3+ years, and ive had to change 2 ball joints, but it is running on 20inch rims, and we dont go easy on it because its a fuel guzzler.

show me a landy owner who can say this and I will show you a damn liar!!!!!

my brother has a td5 disco, hes had it 9 months, he has recipts of £1000 plus so far, and hes in the trade so its well looked after,

he's had a engine failure when some cog or other jammed.
2 lots of suspension airbags
had to change most of the hoses, due to splitting.
window motors changed.
all doors taken off and realigned

one life live it!! ( one landy, leave it)
bruno22rf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 18:21    Post subject: Shogun woes. Reply with quote

NYRA-if only life was that easy-this thing was designed by the devil himself-the aircon drive belt also drives everything else.
astrex101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

pajero,s what can i say ..if maintained they will stand for you..mine,HAS 289KM,S AND STILL LOVE DRIVEING IT AS I HAVE NOT GOT EUROS FOR NEW ONE..PS WOULD NEVER GET RID OF MY BLUE MOON PAJERO ..GOOD 4X4,S AS TESTED IN  THE FEILD OF THE REPUBLIC EIRE ..GOOD SOILD WORK HORSE BUT LIKE EVERY WORKING THING WE NEED REST AND GOOD FOOD ..[OIL CHANGE AND FUEL FILTERS,] LOVE PAJEROS AND LOVE THE SITE ..ITS LIKE HAVING A SECOND FAMILY.THANKS Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  lonely
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: