QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

customs form EX103

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batfink1971

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 21:54    Post subject: customs form EX103 Reply with quote

hello,

just a quick question to those that have filled in this form,

what did you put after youve filled in your name and address?? personal use?? as im not going to be selling it, just using it for myself??

sorry if im acting thick here, its just that i dont want to get this wrong, and also, do they automatically send you the other form to pay your duty or do you have to ask for it??

thanks in advance for some step by step advice Embarassed Embarassed
kevin
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 21:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rolling thunder

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was told to put my reg number and to say i was adding veg oil to my fuel tank. that,s what i did and all was ok.
jpc

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

have been keeping my ex103 in my glove box then if PLOD stop me i can ask what i should put on the form.if they have even heard of it!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
jaime

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like jpc a pal of mine keeps one in his glove box. He keeps a sheet attached giving the dates and amounts of veg oil added. At the end of the month he bins this list and starts another one.

-----------------------jaime----------------------
Adrian V8 90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put your vehicle reg on the form.
They will send you the form each month to pay
the duty, just keep a few reciepts each month for the veg
oil you've used. You need to keep your veg oil reciepts
as customs can request to see them.

Adrian.
ski

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. but isn't the ex103 form a statement declaring equipment/premises type, also for the manufacture of bio for you own use, and that the equipment/premises you have is to be examined before approval?

has anyone actually completed this form in full? Confused

i dont think the law would settle for ignorance on this to just having a copy of the form in the glove box with your reg on it..?

don't mean to de-bunk it, just want to be sure.. Wink
jpc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know 3 people that use veg oil all of them filled in the EX103,once this is done they send you back a tax return form.
rolling thunder

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

trouble is they havent got a clue they don,t have the correct forms as yet so they just improvise with what they have. i have been told by a member of staff at c&e all this he was saying it will be a long time before this one get,s sorted out. trouble is there is just no way of telling how much veg oil we are useing it,s all a matter of trust and our government don,t like to trust us i wonder why. i all sound,s good keep a form in the glove box and keep a few reciepts now and then what can they do Wink
batfink1971

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the info people,

if your declaring the fact you're using veg oil and not bio does that mean you pay the higher duty 4?p and not the 2?p a litre??
vipar

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Veggi you pay 47.1 ppl Bio 27.1 ppl
Wilkesy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vipar / Batfink

The amount of duty supposedly paid on vegetebale oil as opposed to bio-diesel seems to vary depending on who you speak to.

It is widely accepted that Waste Vegetable Oil (that would need filtering at least before being put in the engine) is taxable at the lower rate, that being about 27 pence per litre, the same as bio-diesel.

However, some people say that SVO (straight vegetable oil from the supermarket shelf) is taxable at the higher rate of 47 pence per litre, others say 27 pence per litre.

But surely the point here is that assuming the higher rate is payable for SVO, and I'm not sure it is, the reports at the end of every month are completed by you and sent to Customs and Excise. If I found that SVO was taxable at the higher rate - I would put the SVO straight in to a clean deep fat fryer and then straight from that back into a bottle - that surely makes it used and taxable at the cheaper rate. So when the tax man asks if it is new or used veggie oil - I say that it is used and I have simply filtered it through a cloth. Smile
LQA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I am going to have to scrape the lard out of the fryer and replace it with veg oil. Chips cooked in fresh veg oil every week - there's a novelty.

And your right Cops aint heard of an EX103. Don't know about Traffic facists^H^H^H officers but those of us dealing with proper crime haven't Embarassed
jaime

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don`t see what the problem is, Just use whatever oil you prefer and keep a couple of receipts and a EX103 or whatever in the glove compartment. At the end of the month bin these receipts and replace with a couple from the current month. In other words if by any remote possibility you are stopped you tell them that you have just started to use veg oil and show them what papers you have, and that you intend to submit and pay duty ay the end of the month.
The Customs are so understaffed that they only target flight arrivals at random at regional airports so I dont think they are going to spend hours on every street corner waiting to catch some poor pajero driver whow MAY be using a couple of litres of cooking oil in his tank.
Just use it and enjoy.

--------------------jaime----------------------
jpc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said jamie. i think that given the current price increase on fuel we are entitled to a little back....
Suvvey

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry didn't anyone else notice the comment from a 'copper' right in the middle of our cheap fuel thread Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Confused

Ok lads baseball caps down, hoodies up and try to look inconspicious Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: