Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

4wd drive lights

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob N/West

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 23:27    Post subject: 4wd drive lights Reply with quote

I have read many tales of intermittent flashing front 4wd lights , as mine also does on occasions, but what's with the rear symbols, do they ever light up for any reason , mine never appear under any circumstances, are the bulbs blown or is that the norm
ps I have not yet received any replies to my recent question about any reccomended place to buy all terrain tyres 265/75/16 at a reasonable price in the N/W area, any advice on either would be greatly appreciated
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 23:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

DELBOY

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bottom two lights should light up all the time if they dont the bulbs must be blown sorry cant help with the tyres
Allen

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that both led's have blown Rob...the back or lower ones indicate that you are in 2WD and should be on permanently when you're in 2WD ie road driving...

when you change into 4WD the whole four should come on, sometimes after flashing for a sec or two... all will flash for a few seconds just after starting up which is it's brain deciding which mode it's in, then it will lock on 2 or 4WD depending which you are in.

can't help you with the boots Rob I'm dahn sahff! Smile
Rob N/West

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 23:42    Post subject: 4wd drive lights Reply with quote

thanks for that , next question , what is the best way to access the said bulbs to change them and what type are they
cheers
Scott

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the full clocks out of the dash. You will find it reasnobly straight forward although one screw is right wedged down under the window screen vent. You will need a ratchet with screw driver bit as a normal driver will not get into it. Everything else is simple.
Allen

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

as I've mentioned before...I'm not a twiddler... I pay people to do it for me! I have a friend who has been a diesel mech for 20 odd yrs who does all my bits...mind you, I have been known to change a fuse once or twice!! Laughing

he did one on my Shoggy a couple of years ago and swore at me for weeks after as he said it was a pig of a job having to strip half the dash out. He said it would have probably cost a couple of hundred quid if Mitzy's had done it....quid or whatever for the led and the rest in their "legalised robbery" labour charges Shocked

my mech friend is coming round tomorrow...I'll ask him if you like but I'd suggest you leave it 'til you need to remove the dash for something else.
Scott

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm not like my experience at all. Everything was there and obvious only the clock sorround had to come off and a little fidget trying to get the connectors of the back of the clocks. One of my drive lights is out so i'll be doing the same shortly and do not expect to have to remove half the dash. Smile
ali

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i did mine it took me about 20 mins to get the clocks out....not half the dash..... Confused ....you can get the blubs from ant good motor factors....
ali... 8) ...
Allen

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell my guy to stick to the mechanics then Scott Laughing it does seem that the 2WD ones blow fairly regularly though... not as much as Miss Lewinsky perhaps, maybe it's 'cos they are on most of the time. Like you I've got one out at the moment which I'm quite happy to live with, in fact if anything I'd like it's mate to go out too. It does look odd with just one alight.

Idea Hey if your not doing much the weekend Scott, maybe you could pop down to Warrington and give Rob a hand Wink
paul_jefferson

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front two will flash because you have a slight leak in the vacuum somewhere. Dont wory to much about that. If they stay flashing then it's just a case of replacing the thin ruber hoses, a few quid at that.

As for replacing the back wheel/bottom lights. Easy.

1. Take the clip off at the top of the speedo facing the wind screen and undo the screw.
2. Two more screws located at the bottom let and right of the speedo housing.
3. Lift the speedo housing UP, not forward.

You can now access the back, however the wires are not verry long so get a mate to look through the windscreen and guid you to the bulbs. The 4wd lights are recesed in the middle at the bottom. Twist and pull the bulb out.

I would test the bulb first. You can do that with a PP3 9v battery the sort you get in a smoke detector. (Just remember to put it back in the smoke detector!). If it is OK it will light, maybe a little dimm but it will light. if not
take the blown bulb to Motorworld or halfords and ask for a new one.

Good luck. Should take you half an hour at the most.

Paul
Scott

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm a drive to warrington this weekend, sorry boss i need to....wash my hair Razz
paul_jefferson

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your bulbs are OK then the problem could be with the sender on the transfer case. Not such an easy job but your mechanic freind coudl help. Let me know I will send you instructions.

Cheers

Paul
alanj
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob

pm me with your phone no if you need help with replacing bulbs i live in runcorn. as for tyres try formule 4x4 in stone staffordshire 01785 811211

alanj
Rob Barker

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 13:36    Post subject: Tyres Reply with quote

Rob, I've used west Coast 4x4 over in Southport in the past and they have been very competitive on price, I'm in work at the moment and don't have the number, if you can't find it let me know and I'll dig it out at home
warbird

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

For tyres look at www.bronco4x4.co.uk free delivery for more than one tyre. A good company to deal with.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Geoff W
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: